cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changed Sim card and now no service.

Jimos_12
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Existing Public Mobile customer.  I had a problem with my previous sim card and bought and installed new one.  Went to the site and changed sim card on my account.  Now I cannot receive/send calls or texts. When I put my wife's public mobile sim into my phone it works: but if I put my sim into her phone it does not work.  To me it seems that my card is not activated even though my account shows as active??   Does Public Mobile have to do something with my account to register my changed sim?  I have not changed plans or phone numbers.

9 REPLIES 9

@Jimos_12   before you spend more money for another sim card, I strong encourage you to open ticket with PM Support and have them to confirm from the system side.  You just changed one, Sim card is not something broke easily, especially new sim card.  Have Pm support check again before you buy.  

If support also said you need a new one, maybe ask them tor reimbursement, as brand new sim cards usually don't break

Jimos_12

Thanks.   Went to support and they said to buy another sim card as the problem may be with the card.  Will have to do that tomorrow.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

is there still a 2fa authentication to change the sim? I remember having to do some sort of authentication before the website update

It would appear to be a disconnect with the system.

Can you use the wifes phone and account and call 1-855-4-pu-blic and enter your number and let us know what it says.

I suspect you'll need support. Click on the chatbot (simon) link below and start a chat and fiddle around to get to submit a ticket. Use the pin option rather than the login option. Seems to work better for me.

@Jimos_12 just go back and click Not solution from the dropdown

try to reset your sim card once 

or try on n another phone it possible

if nonevworks, then PM support is your friend the, they can confirm if sim was provisioned properly 

1. Please open ticket via Chatbot (need access to My Account): At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you have trouble with Chatbot or you don't have access to My Account: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Jimos_12

I hit the accepted solution when I wanted reply.

In answer - my account does show my new sim number .  Also my account does show as active.  

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

If you entered it in and then it just disappeared and went back to zeros, maybe you thought that was that. It wasn't.

What problem did you have the previous sim card and what led you to think there was a problem?

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Jimos_12 - It should work if you swapped it on your My Account.

Do you see the new SIM card number entered under the profile section of your My Account?

Also, is your account Active? If not make a manual payment and reactivate it.

Try logging out of My Account then log back in. Restart your phone.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Jimos_12 did you access My Account via your phone for  change sim card request? there is a problem on ith that using phone or tablet

Please use a desktop or laptop instead. Access My Account using Incognito mode, gonto profile page and confirm if the new sim number is showing there.  If not, re-request again using the desktop or laptop 

Need Help? Let's chat.