cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change to a specific number

stevegabbott
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there, am I able to change to a specific number? I've looked through the options dozens of times in the "change my number" section. I was one digit off one time!! It would be great to be able to type in the number that I want to see if it is available.

Thanks
Steve

7 REPLIES 7

Paul11

Just last summer I was able to order a number that matched my Landline except with 438 in front. Now they gave you available, and you have to scroll through till you see the same number twice. Too bad, but you can't stand in the way of devolution.

@stevegabbott wrote:

Thanks for all the replies. Yes I am being very picky and want all of the 10 digits specific. I've been SO close a couple times with refreshing the new numbers drop down 🤣. One or two digits off a couple times. I know the number is available, I tried to call it earlier.

You may have better luck activating a prepaid Telus Mobility account. Telus Mobility gives the customer the options such as seraching for a specific last 4 digits and also an option that they market as Asian-friendly that avoids certain combination of some numbers but also encourages the combination of some other numbers.  To avoid paying for an additional renewal at Telus Mobility, you could then port to Public Mobile before the next billing cycle for the Telus plan starts. 

stevegabbott

Thanks for all the replies. Yes I am being very picky and want all of the 10 digits specific. I've been SO close a couple times with refreshing the new numbers drop down 🤣. One or two digits off a couple times. I know the number is available, I tried to call it earlier.
Cheers
Steve

Zyl
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@stevegabbott, don't think you can change to a specific number but if you really want to change your number after activation, you can log into "My Account" and then click on the tab "Plans and Add-On's" and then click on "Change Phone Number" and click on "Select a new phone number" and select a phone number from a list of available phone numbers and click on "Submit".  You can find more information regarding the procedure here:  https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

Hope this helps.  

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@stevegabbott   sorry, no option get get the specific one.  

So, you only looking for 4 digits? or you are picky you want all 7 digits?  You sure the number is available?

honest, you have no choice but to keep refreshing and hope for the best.   Providers these days not helping customers to get specific number any more,

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@stevegabbott No, you can't. I believe the Activation Portal allows you to specify last 4 digits during number selection, but the Self-serve portal doesn't. You might want to try reaching out to CS Agent with a list of numbers you would prefer so they can check if available or not. 

EDIT: The new activation portal doesn't allow number search by the last 4 digits. 

@stevegabbott wrote:

Hi there, am I able to change to a specific number? I've looked through the options dozens of times in the "change my number" section. I was one digit off one time!! It would be great to be able to type in the number that I want to see if it is available.

Sorry, but there is no option to search for a specific available number.

Need Help? Let's chat.