cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change to $40 4G plan?

croftrandle
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have the $40 3G plan and see the price of the 4G equivalent plan has been lowered from $44.50 to $40. It seems like a no brainer but is there any reason for me not to change over? I get the extra promotional data for a year and also get to keep all the bonus data and calling that has accumulated over the years. Right? I know Telus is getting out of 3G so is this part of the transition?

5 REPLIES 5

croftrandle
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thank you. I went onto Self Serve this morning and made the change (to start at my renewal date) and was happy to see than, like you said, nothing else changed. I don't really need the extra data as I have never come close to using up the 5Gigs I had but you never know. The extra 10 Gigs is "free", so why not? Thanks for your advice everyone, it is appreciated.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@croftrandle    The better option (only available when logged into self serve) is to switch to the $40/15GB plan PM is offering but you need to login and select Plans/Add-on, then Change My Plan and scroll with the arrow to the correct $40 plan as there are two.  There's also $45/20GB available currently too.  You will more than likely lose any bonus data if you switch if it was promo data at activation. 

However, you won't lose any rewards, like loyalty, autopay, RAF or add-ons bought or gifted as they're attached to the account and plan changes don't affect them.  If you're on an older legacy plan, then you will not be able to go back to it after any plan change either.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@croftrandle 

If changing plans there is the 15 GB plan for $40 and the 20 GB plan for $45 available in self service. Choose change plans and select 4G. Arrow down until you see these plans. Choose change on next renewal date because you will not get any credit for your current plan. If you are on a plan with promotional data you will lose that.

@croftrandle wrote:

I have the $40 3G plan and see the price of the 4G equivalent plan has been lowered from $44.50 to $40. It seems like a no brainer but is there any reason for me not to change over? I get the extra promotional data for a year and also get to keep all the bonus data and calling that has accumulated over the years. Right? I know Telus is getting out of 3G so is this part of the transition?

The $40/5GB plan was actually never sold for $44.50. That appears to be an error in advertising.  However I recommend taking the $40/15GB plan.  There is no disadvantage to chanigng your current $40 3G plan.  You rewards and free add-ons will remain after the plan change.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Your bonuses, add-ons, rewards, et are tied up with your Account, not plan so if you switch plans everything stays the same.

If you are thinking and are ready to switch I would recommend $40/15GB plan still available.

Meow_0-1670022552222.png

3G will be in Canada for a while, I would not worry about that.

Need Help? Let's chat.