cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change plan not working

eargumedo1417
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I am trying to change one of my plans I have with Public Mobile and is not taking effect. 

We added funds to the account and then selected the new plan we would like to add and is not allowing us to do. 

The plan we currently have is for 15$ but it doesn't include receiving pictures, the new plan we want is to receive pictures in messages.  Could someone please help us with this plan?

Thank you!

7 REPLIES 7

@BKNS27 wrote:

@eargumedo1417 

Make sure your data and MMS setting is enabled so you can send and receive picture MMS.

It will not eat up your 250mb if you are on AutoPay.

MMS won't use any of the plan's data regardless of a customer's autopay status.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@eargumedo1417 

Make sure your data and MMS setting is enabled so you can send and receive picture MMS.

It will not eat up your 250mb if you are on AutoPay.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@eargumedo1417 wrote:

Hello,

I am trying to change one of my plans I have with Public Mobile and is not taking effect. 

We added funds to the account and then selected the new plan we would like to add and is not allowing us to do. 

The plan we currently have is for 15$ but it doesn't include receiving pictures, the new plan we want is to receive pictures in messages.  Could someone please help us with this plan?

Thank you!

@eargumedo1417  - it doesn't sound like you need a plan change if you still only want the 100 outgoing minutes, and 250 MB.

You do not need to be on Autopay to receive the 250 MB on the $15 inmarket plan.

And receiving pictures through text messages (MMS) is included in all plans no matter how much data you have on your plan.

Is this what you are talking about? Can you explain what you goal here is to do?

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI  @eargumedo1417   are you already on the new plan?  Login to My Account and check whether My Account is showing the new Plan.

But even without new plan, your $15 plan should still let you receive Pictures if it is sent via MMS, just turn on Data.  Data needs to be enabled but MMS won't consume data (it will work even you have ran out of data)

Or you are trying to send via iMessage?  If so, then you really have to have data for it

So, check My Account, see if it is still showing $15 plan or the new one

Also on My Account, check My Data & Add-ons section if you have a line showing Data?  

VIP_Tech
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi @eargumedo1417 

try close all Browser and clear cache and cookies,
and try open one Browser inPrivate mode,
or try different Browser and open incognito mode,

after successful, Reboot device..

Edit: for picture messaging receiving/sending you need to turn data on, to send a picture/video messaging in international, and if your data is off and your home internet Wi-Fi is on is not going through the messaging,

to going through turn your data on and send a picture/video.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@eargumedo1417 

If you are on the $15 plan (presuming it is the current $15 plan), even if you've run out of your data allotment, make certain that your data is toggled "ON" and you will still be able to send and receive picture texts.

If your device is capable of MMS messaging, and Data is toggled on, this service will work.

Picture / video messaging (or MMS - multimedia messaging) does NOT consume data however it requires data to be enabled and toggled on to fully function.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@eargumedo1417 Try using incognito/private browsing mode to change your plan. Sometimes there is a cache or cookies issue in browsers so the self-serve does not load properly. 

Need Help? Let's chat.