cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change plan for November billing

joncay1502
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I want to change my $35 plan to $40 plan for Nov 1st. 2021 at the end of October please

12 REPLIES 12

@Meow 

Pm doesn't care how often you suspend your account otherwise my bf would be at the top of the most wanted list! This past renewal was only the third month that his account has not been suspended in the past 25.....the CSA's are probably worried because I haven't messaged them yet to apply his rewards.😉

Meow
Mayor / Maire

PM having billing period of 30 days it will be way more hassle to suspend service each month and reactivate it on 1st of the month then it is worth.

Suspending account through lost/stolen button might become suspicious to PM...

@Quigley 

Well that would explain it then! Reading it now having not seen it prior to today, it is very confusing what they are trying to do. But… what else is new.

AE_Collector

@AE_Collector   I OP did go back and totally change the original post after I and one other person replied.

They complained that their renewal date kept changing and they wanted to reset it to the first of the month, or something to that effect.  

@Anonymous wrote:

@srlawren : Funny...I interpreted the OP as wanting to set it _for_ Nov 1. I guess we'll see if and when they come back.

Some topics seem so straight forward to me until I start reading the initial replies here. Then I begin to wonder if the OP went back and completely changed their initial post because the replies don't seem on track as all to me.

I just saw and read this topic for the first time today. To me, the OP is on the $35 plan and sees the need to bump to the $40 plan (presumably to get more data) but won’t need it until the beginning of November. So they don’t want to make the change yet, they want to wait to change around the beginning of November.  I made the assumption that the OP has checked their renewal dates and decided what renewal they would like to bump up to the $40 plan, not that they are trying to change the renewal date.

My advice would have been the same as @srlawrens advice, wait until after their next renewal happens and then log in to self serve and schedule a plan change to the $40 plan for the following renewal.

But my wife frequently tells me that I interpret things very differently than many/most people do so I may be completely off track (or OP did rewrite their question after initial replies were made).

AE_Collector

@joncay1502 

Do you have access to your self serve account? If you activated in store you may not have finished setting up your account. Otherwise this is the beauty of pm....most of the things you used to have to call customer service to do for you at other mobile providers you can do yourself by logging into your self serve account.

When making a change in your account or a payment etc....rather than just looking at it you should follow this protocol to avoid error messages and glitches when making changes in your account.

1. Clear your browser.
  2. Reboot your device.
  3. Open one tab only.
  4. Use secret/incognito mode.
  5. Firefox, chrome, safari or edge work best.

Now log in and click on the Plans and Add ons page. Peruse the rate plans on offer. Click on the one you want is $40/5gb plan. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and it will give you two options. Change plan immediately(now) or Change plan on next renewal. Choose the latter. (Only choose now if you have run out of data and you really need more than 1gb before your next renewal.)

Schedule your plan to change plan on next renewal. This can be changed at any time before your renewal occurs at midnight eastern. So before 11:59:59 pm eastern but preferably at least 15 minutes prior. You will keep any rewards and regular or gifted add ons associated with your account. Promotional bonus add ons or plan data or minutes when you signed up are likely to be lost depending on the terms and conditions of the promo. If you have one tell us and we will advise you further in this regard.

There is a common glitch when upgrading your rate plan that causes an auto pay failure. To prevent this from happening you are strongly urged to manually top up your account balance with the new plan amount ($40) before your renewal occurs so that pm takes your new plan amount payment from your available funds in your balance rather than attempting to charge your autopay card. After this you can safely allow autopay to pay for your plan amount on future renewals.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@srlawren : Funny...I interpreted the OP as wanting to set it _for_ Nov 1. I guess we'll see if and when they come back.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Anonymous wrote:

@joncay1502 

i suggest you close all Browser and do clear cache and cookies for any Browser,

@Anonymous please stop copy-and-pasting this wall of text onto every thread in the community.  Not everything requires a support ticket or the involvement of the customer support staff.  This is getting ridiculous. And to make matters worse, why are you suggesting that @joncay1502 clear his browser history?  There is nothing he posted that would suggest this is needed.  Please take the time to do the basic triage before you jump to these conclusions.  And please stop pasting those same steps to every thread because a lot of times they are not necessary.  Ugh.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@joncay1502 I don't believe the previous responders understood what you're asking for.  

Sometime around mid-October, sign into your self-serve account, and you can schedule a plan change for your next renewal date.  If I've read your correctly, that's what you're looking for.

EDIT: here is some more info on the process:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/change-your-plan.  You want the section titled "Changing your plan on the next plan renewal date"

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@joncay1502 

i suggest you close all Browser and do clear cache and cookies for any Browser,

and try it for a different Browser and open incognito mode,

how to open Browser incognito mode visit Here link,

how to clear cache and cookies and History visit Here link,

and use a Browser from your computer,is better

use Browser microsoft edge or chrome latest version
and just make sure your Browser is up to date update
sometime is the Browser is not update is give a issue.

how to update your Browser visit Here link, 

and Restart your computer, is will help a lot,

and if you use a home internet please do one thing take your power internet off for about

a 1 minute and put it back on,to refreshing your network,

and Click Here link  to you know how to Change Your Plan online,

or if you can't fix it you have to Contact Customer Support Agent by  ,
they can solve your issue, they are nice Service Team they will help you 100%.

Here’s How To Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,

• you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here link,
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• please include in your message,
  • your account number, 
  • your phone number,
  • your account 4 digit pin,
  • your Email address,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
    Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck...

@joncay1502   You can also let your current plan expire due to non payment and then reactivate your desired plan on the date you want.  But that date will change monthly due to the 30 day plan set up. Good luck 🤞

Anonymous
Not applicable

@joncay1502 : The only way to set a start date is to let it suspend without service at the end of a term. Then reactivate it on the day you want. But the renewal day will keep creeping up in the months due to this place being 30 day terms...not monthly.

Need Help? Let's chat.