cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change plan before reactivate

a8610
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I suspended my plan for 2 1/2 months.

Before reactivating the plan I wanted to change it. The payment page did not allow me to do so 

The screen page demanded full payment for the plan at this I cannot use.

I wanted to change the plan to reduce my costs

3 REPLIES 3

@a8610  wrote:

Nothing worked.

The account was suspended for 2 1/2 months.

When I tried to change plans before making a payment, the screen page said there was not enough dollars in the account. 

I tried to pay the new plan change cost,  but it kept saying there was not enough dollars in the account. 

Only after I paid the 3 months to December 2021 did it allow me to change the plan.

My personal opinion,  we should be able to change the plan before making a full payment on the plan that is not needed

It supposed to do exactly that as mentioned below:
"all features from your current plan will be lost and the plan change will be completed, even if you do not make a payment in the second step."
May be you having a 90 days plan causing some issues. Since you now already change it, you will need to contact CS Agents and see if they can make the change you wanted. 

Here’s when and how to contact our Customer Support Agents:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to our Agents. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to our Agents by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

a8610
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Nothing worked.

The account was suspended for 2 1/2 months.

When I tried to change plans before making a payment, the screen page said there was not enough dollars in the account. 

I tried to pay the new plan change cost,  but it kept saying there was not enough dollars in the account. 

Only after I paid the 3 months to December 2021 did it allow me to change the plan.

My personal opinion,  we should be able to change the plan before making a full payment on the plan that is not needed

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@a8610 You should be able to do it from your account. Try using incognito/private browsing mode. Below is some info on how to do it while suspended. 

• If your account is suspended – changing your plan is a 2-step process, so be sure to complete both steps or you may be left with partial or no service. Step 1 initiates the change, and step 2 reactivates your account via making a payment (if necessary).
    1. Make sure to review your details carefully before changing your plan - Once you click “Yes, change my plan”, all features from your current plan will be lost and the plan change will be completed, even if you do not make a payment in the second step.
    2. Top up your account with sufficient funds to reactivate your service - Since we are a prepaid service, you need to have the funds available for the plan change to fully take effect. If you only have partial funds in your account, or if you do not complete payment after changing your plan, you may be left with no or partial service. We have introduced several warnings to ensure you don’t leave the page without topping up, but figured we should mention it here as well. Note: If you have sufficient funds to cover your new plan,you won’t be taken to the payment menu.

Change your Plan (publicmobile.ca)

Need Help? Let's chat.