cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change plan and reactivate

treefrog
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi,

I'm preparing to reactivate my account and need more data than my usual $15 plan this month. When scrolling down through the plans I noticed another $15 plan. Is this the same as the $15 plan I'm on? I don't remember seeing my current plan as a choice in the past? I only need extra data for a month so I plan on scheduling a change back to the $15 plan once I reactivate. I don't see unlimited incoming minutes included in the description. I don't want to lose this feature included in my current plan. Has the $15 plan changed ?

BTW....as far as I know I still can't reply to messages so I can only edit this post in response. Thanks in advance!

1000012191.jpg

1000012192.jpg

Stupid screenshots exceed the upload maximum sorry about the quality.

Edit:

Thanks for info everyone. I just wanted to double check first before reactivation. Now if I could only get customer support to fix my community account woes?!!

@computergeek541  @wetcoaster  @EmmaO  @hairbag1 

4 REPLIES 4

@wetcoaster wrote:

I think that "bonus data if autopay is on" hasn't been a thing with Public Mobile for a long time.

It's something that was never enforced on any of the plans, but in the case of the current plans, there is actually no +250MB or +0.5GB.

@EmmaO wrote:

don't forget to set up auto-sub to qualify for additional data bonus. You can always cancel your auto-sub before the end of the month when you want to change back your plan

Just to be clear: Suspending subscription does NOT change the selected plan. If the increased data needs are no longer there, the OP will just schedule a plan change on next renewal to the $15 plan. (which, yes, is still the same, despite the, still, incomplete description)

I think that "bonus data if autopay is on" hasn't been a thing with Public Mobile for a long time.

Oh, and, IMHO, with the 30day expiry and huge data amounts on >$40 plans, the data add-ons are not good value anymore. It's easy to switch plans here, just make sure to schedule plan changes for next renewal so that you don't lose money and data of the existing plan (unless you need the data immediately, of course).

EmmaO
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yes, it's the same plan that you currently have. You might want to check out the add-ons to see if you could get extra data or upgrade your plan for the month (don't forget to set up auto-sub to qualify for additional data bonus. You can always cancel your auto-sub before the end of the month when you want to change back your plan). The $15 plan should still be there since it's not a special season plan.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@treefrog 

the current $15 plan has Unlimited incoming calls and 100 mins outgoing to most any Cdn number as long as that call originates in Canada. Unlimited International texting and 250MB's data. If you need more data, consider upgrading to the $25 plan for the month. Unlimited calling in Canada and Unlimited text plus 1Gb data.

added...you can always go back to the $15 plan later, if you chose to....as long as it's still available.

Need Help? Let's chat.