cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change payment date

PaulLucas
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, I would like to change my payment date so that my automatic payment withdraws on or just after the 1st of the month.  As it is now, my checking account is debited on the last day.

20 REPLIES 20

HI @BM10   

You are actually also piggybacking on another person's thread 🙂

But sorry that we are using this thread to discuss some Community issue, I guess you keep getting email notification?  You might want to turn of your subscription notification at your profile or unsubscribe from this thread

to turn off notification , check here

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/user/myprofilepage/tab/user-subscriptions

BM10
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have decided to keep the same PAYMENT DATE.  

Please do not send me anymore RESPONSES.

HI @dust2dust 

sorry, just my observation

It's great that you help out on those questions people missed, its great.  You are not just helping OP but helping other regulars. But doing so dos not make you  more superior,  there is really no need to wonder why others not reply.

Why can't we just focus our effort to help OP?  Why need to put your time in finding other's faults?  Why keep thinking others have evil thought or calculated moves? 

As everyone said and you probably well aware , if all you want is for personal gain, then it is much much rewarding to spend your time picking up cans.

Maybe you are too stressful here and you need a Community break?  If not, keep your focus on helping those who needs help the most  🙂

@PaulLucas- There's a default setting that subscribes you to a thread you create and sends a notification to the thread creator (you). Then when a response is added you get the notification.

Others: I type slowly. I have little to no prepared reference material. When I see a thread pop up in the newest reply sort method I look in to it. I think I might answer it. I start typing thinking by the time I'm done there will be multiple replies given. It is my perception that very frequently I refresh the thread and no one else has replied. Why not? Pretty much every new thread gets pounced on immediately by regulars. Why so fast? I can only conclude that people aren't interested in replying to it because it's been "solved" already therefor no added reward value for the effort of replying.

I'm not "insulting" anybody. I'm asking why, wondering if it's intentional and for what reason.

A support question asked in the lounge has a reasonable expectation of it getting moved which can then be open to getting given the solution by an oracle if not the OP. Another self-interest if that's one of the reasons why to reply to it. Many lounge threads get no activity from one regular or another due to disinterest. Fine. But if it's a support question...

@PaulLucas   Yeah, unfortunately once you create a thread then you'll keep seeing further responses posted in it unless you've chosen to disable receiving the notifications which can be changed by clicking your avatar top right and then My Settings>Notifications/Subscriptions.   You can also click "Options" top right of this thread and then choose "unsubscribe" which will stop any further notifications from this thread.

@PaulLucas the Community is set up so old posts are searchable.  Likely another community member searched and found your post and find this similar to his/her situation but have further question.  🙂

PaulLucas

HI, I'm trying to understand why after such a long time and a successively resolved question I asked, I'm getting unsolicited response's to my post made July 2020?

@dust2dust  wrote:

Adding - once again, no one jumps on an old solved thread when a customer comes in asking a question. Are regulars really actually here to help people? Or just jumping on new threads to get the solution/reward solely "helping" for personal gain.? Makes one wonder.

Thanks @dabr for speaking up.

This is at least the 3rd time I see message like this.  I think it is unfair to set up such "Community watch" on members reply habit

First, I don't see such thing.  So, I DO NOT agree

For myself, I replied whether it is new or a solution awarded thread, NO Difference.  I reply to posts in Lounge, Announcement section as well like how I would offer my help at Get-help section.  I have to admit I might have missed some posts people replied after.  I constantly receive so many alerts every minute and I agree I could have missed, but there is ABSOLUTELY no difference to my reply habit.

And I strongly believe accusing other members " just jumping on new threads to get the solution/reward solely "helping" for personal gainis? " is an insult to community members which is not allowed under

@J_PM 's latest reminder 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Important-Reminder-for-Our-Community-Me...

@dust2dust please stop posting comments like this again

@dust2dust     Sorry, but gonna respond because I've seen you mention this a few times lately and IMO that's unfair and untrue since I've seen regulars respond frequently to older threads whether solved or unsolved as well as responding to posts in Announcement/Lounge threads where there is no solve to be had, barring the occasional thread that is moved to Support from Lounge.

However, I do think it's more difficult to respond to new posts in older threads since PM updated the Community Forum last year as new threads can quickly get buried unless you are willing to keep scrolling or refreshing for latest replies, which I'll admit to not bothering with as much since I find this new Community forum much less user friendly, TBH.    Yeah, I'm also aware some regulars use an old link which updates to the latest post which I've not bothered with either as I don't think we really should have to go to these lengths since this forum is based on customers generously volunteering their time to help others already.  

Anyway, again, JMO ...

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

@BM10  - You can't set it and it's not settable. But just before your renewal you can suspend your account until the 1st. Then reactivate. 30 days later on a 31 day month you suspend again for a day. Reactivate on the first. No need to do anything on a 30 day month. For this month you're a bit snookered. If you had started on Feb 1 then it wouldn't renew until Mar 2. But then the next would be Apr 1 so you'd be back on track.

Adding - once again, no one jumps on an old solved thread when a customer comes in asking a question. Are regulars really actually here to help people? Or just jumping on new threads to get the solution/reward solely "helping" for personal gain.? Makes one wonder.

BM10
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I would like to change date to 1st day of the month

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@PaulLucas 

What other members on this thread was tried to tell your that your renewal date changes on the months with 31 days.  You can change your renewal date to the 2nd or 3rd of each month.  But after a few months, your renewal date will be back to the end of a month.

You can add fund to your account on the 2nd or 3rd of each month.  Then, you will not care when your plan will renew.   I have a plan which was renewed on July 1.  The next renewal date for this plan will be on July 31 because PM plan are 30 days - NOT monthly.  For my case, there will be 2 payments this month.

PaulLucas

Thanks, I didn't fully understand the first two replies to my post but now I do.  Thank you all for your patience.

shep22
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@PaulLucas hi you can put money in your Public account every month ahead of your payment if you wish but as stated your payment date changes every other cycle or so 

@PaulLucas  Best to just make a manual payment on the first of each month to cover your plan renewal. That way the funds stay in your account until plan renewal  when they get automatically used up and you still get the Auto-Pay reward.

@PaulLucas wrote:

Can I change my payment due date to the 2nd or 3rd of the month so as to changing the date my payment is withdrawn from my bank?

Hi @PaulLucas ,

As @will13am and @gblackma say, it is a 30 day cycle. So in one year you will pay your monthly bill 12.7 times.

It will fluctuate depending on the number of days in the month. You can private message the Moderator_Team and ask them to renew your plan on the 2nd or 3rd of August, by sending them a private message using this link.

But it will fluctuate, so be aware of that.

@PaulLucas you can log into your self service account and manually deposit the payment into the account on the 1st or 2nd of each month and PM will take it out when its required. Just be careful. Because since PM is on a 30 day cycle you csn have 2 payments in one month. Pay attention to you 611 payment reminder text which is sent 3 days before your payment is due. Or keep an extra payment on the account. Stay safe.  

PaulLucas

Can I change my payment due date to the 2nd or 3rd of the month so as to changing the date my payment is withdrawn from my bank?

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@PaulLucas , this service is on a 30 day payment cycle.  The renewal date changes on months that are not 30 days long.  There is not choice on the matter.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@PaulLucas  PM is on a 30 day cycle, the payment day changes monthly, so its a waste of time. Welcome to the community. Stay safe. 

Need Help? Let's chat.