cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change of Plan and/or Change of Phone = NO LTE

ZeeYow
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

I have changed my phone and also had my plan upgraded to the 15GB LTE. Now I am not getting any LTE service. It is brand new Samsung phone and new plan. What do I need to do please ?

Many thanks,

15 REPLIES 15

ZeeYow

Yes, Canadian version. One physical nano SIM and one eSIM. Unfortunately, can't use PM for eSIM 😞

@ZeeYow   was that a Canadian model of S23 ?

Freedom sim always has a "magic".  We usually use it to update APN  on phones that have the APN menu locked.  I guess something similar happened here.  But it is a great lesson to learn, Freedom sim can give us freedom  🙂

happy to know you are all good now, Enjoy your great phone

ZeeYow

I feel it is important to update you all on the situation and solution. May be someone else has the problem and could benefit from i

• Phone = New Samsung S23 Ultra
  • SIM not working for data. Voice calls fine
  • Put the SIM in the other phone and it works
  • Put another PM SIM in Samsung S23 Ultra and again same issue - Voice ✔️ - Data 
  • It is clear that the issue is with new Samsung. So contact Samsung Technical Support. Tech support does all sorts of tests including resetting the network setting, resetting app permissions, running in Safe mode etc. No Luck 😞
  • Take the phone to Samsung Authorized Repair center and they want to check it with SIM of another operator. (I did not have it - we are all PM customers). So, he puts in Freedom SIM and it works !! So, he says nothing wrong with device ! 
  • Takes out Freedom SIM and pops in PM Sim - Voila it starts working. Get LTE immediately

So, thank you all for your help and suggestions. I don't know what was the issue. It looks like it was some network config that was 'stuck' and with new network it allowed it to get back. I dont know - it so happened that it has started working !

I thought I will share it - others can perhaps help in this freak issue 🙂

@ZeeYow   then no need to reprovision the sim, the sim is good

The new phone, does voice work? or nothing work? 

if nothing works, check if the phone is blacklisted: https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

if it is confirmed clean, then tell us what is the brand and model of the phone

(Update: re-read your post and you said calls work, then it is a device issue.  now, it is a matter of what brand and model is it)

ZeeYow

Thank you. I have put the SIM in the other phone. It works - I get 4G symbol and data works.

In the new phone - same thing - NO Data - Calls work fine.

Should I request reprovisioning of the SIM ?

Thank you very much,

@ZeeYow   I think there were reports of data issue after plan switching before, but it was earlier when 4G speed plan was introduced.  

Do you have another phone to test the PM sim?  it can force a sim reprovision and that could resolve your issue

if not, then open ticket with PM support and they can reprovision the sim/account for you

1. Please open ticket via Chatbot (need access to My Account): At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you have trouble with Chatbot or you don't have access to My Account: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

ZeeYow

Tried it - no luck 😐

ZeeYow
  • Network Mode: LTE/WCDMA/GSM (auto connect)
  • Access Point Name:  Mobile Internet (sp.mb.com) SELECTED
  • Network Operators: Select Automatically (SELECTED)

ZeeYow

I have tried to

1. Restart the phone
  2. Take out the sim and re-insert
  3. Reset the APN settings. 

Any other way to reset the network settings in android 13

ZeeYow

Its not the speed. There is no data service 😔

@esjliv wrote:

@ZeeYow - if you changed your plan recently, note that the speed change from 3G to 4G (LTE) can take up to 48 hours to take effect.

What options do you see in the Mobile networks/Network mode of your phone?

The 48 hours for speed change is true, but that wouldn't cause the LTE network to be disabled.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@ZeeYow , quite often with Samsung devices, a network reset cures connection ills.  You might want to give that a try.  

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@ZeeYow - if you changed your plan recently, note that the speed change from 3G to 4G (LTE) can take up to 48 hours to take effect.

What options do you see in the Mobile networks/Network mode of your phone?

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@ZeeYow  Try to reboot phone and check that your network setting are on 4G /LTE 

@ZeeYow wrote:

I have changed my phone and also had my plan upgraded to the 15GB LTE. Now I am not getting any LTE service. It is brand new Samsung phone and new plan. What do I need to do please ?

There's no difference in available networks between either 3g or 4g plans.  Which Samsung model is it?  Ensure that that auto network option (LTE preferred) is selected for network type.

Need Help? Let's chat.