cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change new phone number

steven6
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Dear Sir,

I moved to Edmonton from Ontario three years ago. I still use my (905) xxx xxxx phone number. (I think the provider is Rogers) I would like the phone number to be changed to (780) xxx xxxx Please let me know how to do this step by step. Or you can give me some articles for my reference.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thank you very much!

6 REPLIES 6

hi @steven6 buy the China calling addon from My Account to call

@steven6 To call China go into the app "my account", at the top is Add-Ons. Select Minutes and buy the 500 minutes China etc for $15. Picture is from browser showing add on.

Screenshot 2023-11-17 at 6.42.02 PM.png

steven6
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
Hi,
Thank you for your reply.
I want to call Beijing, China to deal with some matter recently. may take 100 minutes or more, Does Public Mobile have any plan for it.
Thanks

Your account can only be assigned a phone number that you already have control of by using number portability or a phone number that is available and offered to you by Public Mobile.  If you're asking if you can get an identical phone number but only with a different area code, that's unlikely.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

If you still use your 905 number transferred from Rogers (assuming you do HAVE PM service with that number), log in to your account, go to Profile and there you can do this:

- Change phone number
- Change SIM number
- Transfer Phone Number

You cannot change just area code and keep the same 7 digits number. Almost impossible...

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@steven6 You can change the number on your own. In the app go to profile. Scroll down and click the pencil beside your phone number. Follow the directions.

Need Help? Let's chat.