cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change in subscription - best approach

gokhaleameya
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello team, I am on the 40$/15G plan. I want to move to the 39$/20G plan. I tried changing the subscription online and it asks if I want to do it now or on renewal. 

1. If I change it now, will it attract charges? Or will my plan be prorated? 

2. Is the 39$ plan temporary? I mean will it change to something else after a few months? 

3. Knowing that the 39$ plan is better in all aspects, what stops PM from porting all customers on 40$ to that one? I mean it doesn't make sense. Is there anything that I am missing out on? 

Thanks in advance 

6 REPLIES 6

deltatux
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@gokhaleameya wrote:

3. Knowing that the 39$ plan is better in all aspects, what stops PM from porting all customers on 40$ to that one? I mean it doesn't make sense. Is there anything that I am missing out on?

PM wouldn't move their existing clients to the promo unless people move themselves because it's unlikely the company want to give people more for less automatically. It's up to customers to do the best thing for themselves.

Only reason why this promo even exists is because Freedom Mobile basically forced the Big 3 to react to this promo because it's good enough to peel customers off the Big 3 and go to Freedom Mobile so they responded in kind.

Now, with Freedom Mobile launching a 40 GB LTE Canada & US-wide for $50/month this week, let's see how the Big 3 responds to this... It's going to be a very interesting year now that Videotron seems pretty aggressive after it bought Freedom Mobile from Shaw.

gokhaleameya
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks everyone. I switched on renewal. 

DDM69
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@gokhaleameya 

Great idea to ask before just switching.  Many customers just switch immediately without asking the important questions.  Public is great for offering better deals with more value.  I will also be switching from my $40 / 15GB plan.  Enjoy!

DDM69_0-1684977048412.jpeg

umnikke8
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

1. Whatever time is left in your current plan is lost, its not refunded, you start immediately on the new plan at full price.

2. It's listed as a promo, so it will disappear at some point. They typically let you keep using the plan so long as you don't change it. Although that isn't hard and fast and at some point in the longer term it may go away.

3. They are happy to increase profit, it's up to customers to do what is best for themselves.

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

1) No proration. You lose the current plan you've prepaid for and will be charged full price immediately. Best to schedule it for renewal, unless you're out of data already. 

2) No. They can on 30 days notice, but they don't

3) Don't look a gift horse in the mouth

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@gokhaleameya  No pro rate here it’s ore paid just choose to change it on renewal 

Need Help? Let's chat.