cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change in Plans

Moreno66
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am confused, my plan got changed from the $15 per month to a $40 per month.  I did not do that change.  I remember I got a text in December from Public Mobile about free 2G of data for a month and I texted back "Yes".  Not sure if this is related.  Due to this change I got charged $40 on my credit card.

19 REPLIES 19

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@pmbc 

Indeed strange. Had you wanted to return to that plan then I would offer assistance

pmbc
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@darlicious  Yes, I do have a screenshot of my old account showing the old bonus.  At this point, this isn't important, I'm fine with the $35/20GB/15 months at this point since it got me to 4G speed at the same price.  It's just puzzling how it got changed and why the bonus disappeared immediately.  CSA said everything should be the same before the renewal on the new plan.

I'm happy with PM's service and the self serve model but certainly understand it's not for everyone.  There seem to be certain idiosyncrasies that plague PM.  

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@pmbc 

Do you not have a single screenshot of your account? Your transaction summary from your activation? Your welcome email? When did you activate?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Moreno66 

It sounds like your plan changed in the last few days. I would just contact customer support and explain it was an accident and ask them to change it back. And add the holiday gifts if they didn't get added to your account because of the mix up.

pmbc
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I find the PM system a little janky as I had something similar happen to my plan.  I signed up last year when the promo was $35 for 3GB+2GB unlimited time limit bonus (means the bonus doesn't expire until I changed plan) at 3G speed.  For me this was fine as I use maybe 1GB a month.  In Dec there was a promo for $35 for 20GB at 4GB for 15 months for new customers.  I asked support whether existing customers were eligible and they said yes, that was the end of the interaction.  

About a week later I signed into my account and noticed it was set to change to this new $35/20GB 15month plan at the next renewal and my 2GB bonus was gone for the current period.  I asked support whether they had changed my plan and what happened to the 2GB bonus.  They replied that they can't change the plan without customer approval and I had to prove I had the 2GB bonus.  I left it as is since it was going to be the same cost but I'm going to have to look for a promo around black Friday or Christmas and hope it's applicable for existing customers.  

I just find it a bit annoying I don't know how my plan got changed and there better be a $25/$35 plan that I'm eligible for in Nov/Dec.

@Moreno66 @Hot spot is in your phones settings where you turn on and off wifi . Hot spot allows you to use your phone as a mobile wifi or sorts you could be out with you phone and I pad and give you I pad internet thru hot spot with your phone just like wifi at home 

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Most likely you replied too fast as there were 2 offers recently. Holiday bonus required YES2 and $40 plan only YES.

If you want to go back to $15 plan just schedule change on next renewal.

I doubt agent will reverse your charges so do not waste time contacting them.

5169 was the plan offer to reply yes to. 4911 was the freebie text to reply yes2 to.

If you contact support they might be nice and return you to the $15 plan. But if you're two weeks into it then maybe they wouldn't. If it was last night then maybe. They should also give you the freebies.

@Moreno66  Then that was for the plan change unfortunately if you don’t want it , because truth be told it’s a pretty awesome plan really but if you don’t need that much data then it doesn’t make sense

Moreno66

Yeah, now i see the error.  How do I use the hotspot, sorry i have never used this before.

Moreno66

nope and I think i just replied  "YES" 😞

Technically, it wasn't a mistake on their end. You replied to the offer and would have received a reply from that as well.

How long ago was your renewal? So call everybody all day everyday and watch HD movies online or use hotspot for a month while you schedule a plan change back to the $15 plan for next renewal.

@Moreno66 @Change your  plan back to the one you want for next renewal in self serve plan /addon tab and change plan 

@Moreno66 wrote:

I replied yes to the free data, I do not use data very often, that is why I have the cheapest plan.  So if there was a mistake on the charge , how do I get it fixed?

@Moreno66 sorry, the reply to the free bonus is YES2 and not YES 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/More-is-Merrier-with-Public-Mobile/td-p...

as said, PM is prepaid and they don't refund, and likely won't in this case, you can open ticket with support and try your luck

1. Please open ticket via Chatbot (need access to My Account): At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you have trouble with Chatbot or you don't have access to My Account: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Moreno66

I replied yes to the free data, I do not use data very often, that is why I have the cheapest plan.  So if there was a mistake on the charge , how do I get it fixed?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Moreno66   wonder if you have mixed up with the texts

PM sent out 2 texts, one for Christmas bonus and one for the promotion of the $40 plan

a YES would have upgraded you the plan, YES2 is the proper reply for the Christmas bonus

can you check your text history again?

and if you don't want the $40 plan, please go to My Account, Plan & Addon page and Change my plan to schedule a change plan back to $15 using Change plan on renewal date option 

for the current $40 plan on this cycle, PM is prepaid and no refund, sorry about that, just "enjoy" the extra data on this month that you paid for

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Moreno66 @You must have excepted the plan change pm sent out promo plans and replied YES to promo plan and YES2 was for the x mas bonus 

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

There was another text offering this plan. One required "YES" and the other required "YES2". Did you get the freebies?

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Moreno66 

There were two campaigns that ran in December, one was for free bonus data, the other was for a plan upgrade.

The first one required you to respond “yes2” to the second one just “yes”

If you want to switch back, simply log into your self serve account, click the tab on the left that’s titled “plan and add-ons”, do a plan, changed to the preferred plan and schedule it on the next renewal.

Need Help? Let's chat.