cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change cc information on account.

DonnaD
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have tried a half dozen times to change the credit card on my account with no luck.  This happened a few months ago when I also tried it.  It keeps saying it's been declined by the issuer, which I know is not true.  I deleted the old card and now can't get the new one on.  I have never had such a difficult time trying to do a simple task with any company online.  I'll just keep trying and hopefully it'll accept the new card before the payment is due at the end of the month.

10 REPLIES 10

@DonnaD 

Be sure that you wait a full hour before trying again. This time follow my instructions below but try adding by going to edit profile. At the top right you will see in small letters a reminder to update your address for your credit card here....click that link and you will be brought to the page below. Try only one attempt. If you are unsuccessful I will private message you the details of visa gift card that you should have no problem adding using your address in your account. This is to test if the issue exists within your account vs an error when entering the info.

Either way you can always contact customer support to add it for you.

Screenshot_20211220-073243~2.png

Spoiler

Follow this method when making a manual payment/adding a card to the account....only use the emboldened portion of the instructions if the payment card is already on file.

1. Reboot your device.
  2. Clear your browser, use secret/incognito mode in firefox, chrome or safari.
  3. Choose replace card rather than remove card.
  4. Copy your address from your billing statement.
  5. Add your apt/unit/suite # to the street address. ie. 101-123 1ST AVE W, CITY, PROV.
  6. Do not put a space in the postal code. X0X0X0 not X0X 0X0.
  7. USE ALL CAPS if necessary.
  8. Do not use autofill. Type everything manually.

Once you successfully update your card do not attempt your payment immediately. Log out/in then go to make a payment to pay for your renewal. Otherwise if you were not suspended I would recommend a $1 test payment. Follow my further instructions for a successful payment to unsuspend your account.

Do not try more than two attempts at adding a card or payments ( successful or not) or you will continue to get this message. Wait at least 1 hour to try a third time another hour for your 5th try....and so on....and do not make more than 4 unsuccessful tries with the same card in a 24 hour period or you will trigger a fraud alert lock out requiring assistance from customer support.

Go to make a payment. Choose the "other amount" option and add $1 more than the amount owing and submit the payment. If that is successful go back to your overview page and if it does not say active  click on the reactivate button. If that works log out and reboot. If that does not work and your payment is in your balance rather than showing $1 then go to the usage or plans page. Click on lost/stolen and suspend your service. Log out/in. Resume your service. Your balance should now be $1. Log out and reboot.

DonnaD

Thank you for your suggestion(s).  I have spoken to my bank and they admitted they stopped the change from their end.  They also assured me last night they had corrected it and I should be able to add the card now,  no problem.  However, that is not the case, I have tried 3x to add the card and I'm getting the same error.  I am very frustrated to say the least.

DonnaD

It does appear (so far) that it is my bank's doing.  I called them and they said someone from the "fraud dept." would call me back within 2 business days!  That's unacceptable to me, so I voiced my concerns on social media and voila, someone called me.  They acknowledged they did stop the transaction due to the fact I their records show no previous experience with Public Mobile.  The Representative apologized and corrected it then and there.  Since then, I've tried 3x to add the card and still no luck.  FYI, my bank is Tangerine and they are certainly going to hear from me long before I get my expected "call back"!!

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@DonnaD 

I think it is likely you triggered the fraud lock on your account after so many attempts with the same card. Since payment due is not imminent contact customer support and have the CSA add the card for you. In this case double check that the address you have on your profile is the same as you were entering to previously register the card. This way if the CSA encounters the same issue on their first attempt you can easily reference the address used to see if you can spot the mistake. Referring to your official Canada Post address can sometimes ferret out the minor error that is causing the problem. Often this can be attributed to:

1. Full name on the credit card.
  2. Add the suite/apt # to the street address. 201-123 1ST AVE W, YOUR TOWN, PROV, CANADA
  3. USE ALL CAPS.
  4. Do not put a space in the postal code.

Double check your billing statement address on file. Occasionally your credit card issuer will make a minor change in the way they print your address that can cause this error. You only get two attempts before this error message will continue to display until you wait out a full hour before trying again. More than 5 attempts with the same card will trigger the fraud lock.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@DonnaD : It would seem likely that your account card entry is locked for fraud prevention from all the attempts. You can also buy vouchers in many stores or online and use the 611 service. There's also instant top-up in a few stores.

Then follow previous instructions to contact CSA's

DonnaD

I've done that numerous times and still same error,.  I deleted my card, so when I go to "manage my card" it only comes up asking for the card number.  I put all the info. in and same error.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@DonnaD wrote:

I have tried a half dozen times to change the credit card on my account with no luck.  This happened a few months ago when I also tried it.  It keeps saying it's been declined by the issuer, which I know is not true.  I deleted the old card and now can't get the new one on.  I have never had such a difficult time trying to do a simple task with any company online.  I'll just keep trying and hopefully it'll accept the new card before the payment is due at the end of the month.

@DonnaD  - I think if you follow the advice already given you should be able to be successful in this credit card change.

Note what is says in the PM Help Articles, just in case this applies to you:

"Remember, we accept credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, American Express) and Visa Debit cards that have been issued by Canadian or American financial institutions and are associated with addresses in Canada or the U.S. If you are using a payment card, leave the apartment/suite number in the payment information section blank."

If still issues, ask CSA for help. Methods to contact them here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/ns/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

Dtack
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I think the last time I had to change mine I cleared the browser, then went into account and manage my card, and I did change my card.  Make sure it is exactly the same as your credit card.  Good luck!

0PX9O4
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@DonnaD 

To add to this, you can also just make a one-time payment with the new card if you want to ensure there won't be any interruptions at renewal time.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@DonnaD 

The payment card may temporarily be locked. Wait one full hour before doing anything 

Then, before logging into your self-serve account, recommend following this procedure to avoid the common glitches that sometimes occur with this process:

1. Clear your browser's cache & cookies
  2. Use incognito mode
  3. Now, log into your self-serve account
  4. Click Payment tab
  5. Select "Manage My Card"
  6. Select "replace card"
  7. Type your address exactly as from your billing statement
  8.  Don't use a space in the postal code
  9.  Use ALL CAPS if necessary
  10.  Type everything, not letting autofill complete any fields
Need Help? Let's chat.