cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Voicemail Number - PM Liars

MYTH-BUSTER
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Since conditional forwarding is broken and PM is blaming it on phone manufacturers instead of their own incompetence, how do we change our voicemail number?  And yes I say "their" incompetence because no matter how hard they try to blame my phone or Telus, they are liars.  I have a dual sim phone, one PM and one Koodo, and the Koodo sim can still use conditional forwarding, and it uses Telus network.  So it is NOT my phone and it is NOT the network.  It is Public Mobile, period.

Do they not have the capability to change it on their end if requested?  Even if MMI/SS codes no longer work properly on the network?  The least they could do is add the option to the website or something.  Does anyone know a way?

Do I have to go buy a new VoLTE phone from PM just to change my voicemail number and then return the phone?  Yes this is immoral but I have no sympathy for them if this is how they are going to treat their long time customers...

MYTHBUSTER_1-1695539937229.png

21 REPLIES 21

MYTH-BUSTER

MYTHBUSTER_1-1696236816283.png

hi @HALIMACS 

I actually do not feel waste of time.   I think OP now knows me more, even my phone number.  And I know OP's business more and it becomes my business now (try to help) 🤣

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Yes. If you want to use conditional call forwarding then you need a volte-capable phone that works on volte here. My phone is volte capable but they refuse to enable the feature even though it works perfectly fine on volte on another provider. Which therefore means I can't use conditional call forwarding. Fortunately it's not a service I use. Volte would be nice but I otherwise use a US service or a voip app. And by the end of 2025 when the old 3G UMTS network is supposed to shut down maybe I'll have got another phone. But it sure won't be from Telus which seems to be what they want out of their customers.

Telus is playing petty games with their volte and 5G implementation in cahoots with the manufacturers, particularly Samsung.

So let us know how it all goes down with your C C T S complaint on this.

Indeed, I too regret having spent the time.  

It is unnecessarily exhausting.

Here's a thought - private message those users you feel have value-added responses to meet your expectations.   

That way none of us see, nor can respond, to your continued concerns.

@MYTH-BUSTER wrote:

HI @MYTH-BUSTER  if no one picks up, please leave a voicemail

(and actually, that is more real than 555-555-5555  🙂 )

MYTH-BUSTER

If that is your real number, this just shows me that you are a security risk to everyone on here.  Please block me and stop replying.

MYTH-BUSTER

I'm sorry but I find people who post useless replies that do not help in any way shape or form, only so they can get as many "community points" as possible, to be worse than the telecomms causing the problem.  Please stop wasting my time.

If you really would like to help, please explain to me how to block you from replying to any future posts by me and wasting my time.

@MYTH-BUSTER wrote:

Fine, please insert your personal phone number then in all future replies.

HI @MYTH-BUSTER 

Yes, no problem.

Let us know what else e can help

hTideGnow 403-371-6245

MYTH-BUSTER

Fine, please insert your personal phone number then in all future replies.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Because this place is open to everyone, @MYTH-BUSTER , not just those with an axe to grind.

You will note in my earlier reply I used the word “ ‘possibly’ offer alternatives “

Sometimes a simple discussion leads to other areas of consideration. 

You want alternatives?

Bell or Rogers, or any of their offshoot companies.

Have yourself a great day! 🙂 

EDIT: and best of luck 🤞🤞

@MYTH-BUSTER wrote:

Why do people keep asking me where or why I want to change my voicemail?  That is none of anyone's business but my own. 

I do not want to forward to PM voicemail, of course the default works.  I want to change it to a different number, which no longer works. 

HI @MYTH-BUSTER 

it is none of our business, originally

But you asked for help, then we asked for more details, what is the problem with it?

and, what is 555-555-5555.  It is not a real number

MYTH-BUSTER

Thank you for your honesty, if that is the case, then why are you here making comments on something you don't use or have experience with or even care about?

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@MYTH-BUSTER 

if it mattered to me as much as it seemingly does to others, I might pursue it.

It does not —- in the least.

Best of luck!

MYTH-BUSTER

Then please offer me your alternative to using conditional forwarding to change my voicemail number.

Number I was to change it to is 555-555-5555.  Reason?  Because I want to to test the functionality.  It works with other carriers that use the same network, it should work with PM.

And thank you for the information, I know how to file a complaint, I have filed several in the past and they have all been decided in my favor.  Looks to me like they have disabled it to force people to buy their new phones.  Their answer to all my questions are "BUY OUR NEW PHONES" 

Yeah well, homie don't play dat.  I am sick of telecomms lying and ripping me off.  It's unfortunate that most people here just bend over and take it.

@MYTH-BUSTER 

Geezh … didn’t think it was such a personal question.

The purpose of it was to establish the means and possibly offer alternatives.

Here’s how to file a complaint with the CCTS:

https://www.ccts-cprst.ca/for-consumers/complaints/complaint-form/

MYTH-BUSTER

Why do people keep asking me where or why I want to change my voicemail?  That is none of anyone's business but my own. 

I do not want to forward to PM voicemail, of course the default works.  I want to change it to a different number, which no longer works. 

MYTH-BUSTER

With all due respect, that's none of your business.  I pay for unconditional forwarding, it should work.  And if they do not make it work soon I will be lodging a complaint with the CCTS.

MYTH-BUSTER

Yes, I have corrected it in my OP.  Thank you.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @MYTH-BUSTER 

where you want to change voicemail number to?

Unconditional forwarding broke, but it just broke if you want to change to other number

Forwarding to PM  voicemail when you are not available still works.  You just have to reset all the forwards to default and it will work.  just dial  ##004# 

But yes, if you want to forward to 3rd party voicemail, it cannot be done

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

"Since unconditional forwarding is broken and PM is blaming it on phone manufacturers instead of their own incompetence, how do we change our voicemail number? "

Isn't it just conditional forwarding that is broken? 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Why do you need to change the voicemail number @MYTH-BUSTER ?

Need Help? Let's chat.