cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change US Roaming Start Date - or cancel for refund

linkr
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

I purchased a 10 day US roaming add on, today, wanting to be prepared for when I cross the border next week Friday. Unfortunately, I thought the clock would start once I crossed the border, not today. Can I cancel the add on and repurchase for when I actually need it next week? Thanks.

UPDATE - Thank you, everyone! CS has resolved this for me. Thanks CS!

11 REPLIES 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious : #8 re: forwarding breaks upon connecting to a US tower.

@linkr : The overlapping talk problem can be worked around immediately after the 240 hours by buying a different named one. ie. Say you bought the talk/text/data bundle. After the 240 hours, you could buy the talk/text bundle or just talk or just text. I'm also not entirely certain of the exact time lag after the 240 hours as to when the ability to re-buy the same named add-on opens up.

The 240 hours is on the dot...keep track of the time you bought the add-on.

linkr

Thanks - I have updated, accordingly 😁

linkr

Thanks - I have updated, accordingly 🙂

linkr

Thanks - great content within your Spoiler!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@linkr : It's also possible that you're familiar with other forums where you can "close" a thread by choosing the last post. There is no close here. A post gets chosen as the answer to the question. Yes that one does answer your question. But the first reply saying how to contact also did. Around here, it's customary to choose the first correct reply. But you're probably gone now so whatever you like.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@linkr 

Glad it was resolved. Normally though a solution is awarded to the first member to give you the help you needed to resolve your issue. If @hTideGnow  gave you the info required to contact customer support then you can change your solution by going to the little arrow ( looks like a checkmark to me) on the right side of the post and change your solution. However if you did not contact customer support until 20 minutes ago and you chose the correct member than just completely ignore me.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Unfortunately US roaming starts as soon as you purchase it.

Send private email to CSA and explain your mistake. Hopefully they will refund and remove that add-on.

Please let us know if that was successful.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@linkr 

Contact customer support and explain your honest mistake and ask for them to remove the US roaming add on and credit your account so that you can then purchase it on the day of your departure.

Spoiler

Here is some info about US roaming add ons that should help you.....

1. While you have to have an active plan to purchase and use US roaming add ons the type of plan you have does not affect the roaming add ons features.
  2. US roaming add ons start the moment you confirm and submit your purchase in your self serve account and expire 240 hours later (10 days×24 hours).
  3. You can pre-load the funds needed to purchase the add ons in your self serve account so you only have to log in, select the US roaming add on and then confirm and submit your purchase.
  4. Wait til late as possible to purchase since they are immediately valid so on free wifi at the destination airport or stopping shortly before the border at mcd's or timmy's to buy the add on while on free wifi.
  5. If you are staying longer than 10 days you must wait a minimum of 24 hours to purchase the same US roaming add on or contact the moderators to add it before the waiting period ends.
  6. If you have two US roaming add ons with a talk feature that overlap the talk feature basically gets disabled. Avoid this....but you will have to get one removed by a moderator to get your calling feature back if this happens.
  7. After purchase reboot your phone and manually select either at&t or T-mobile to get better reception. Some areas have better coverage by either provider so when travelling around the US you will be better served by choosing the provider with better signal strength by locale.
  8. You will recieve incoming texts without any US roaming add ons. Adding the fongo app and textnow app for use on wifi are good to use for a back up plan or you could call forward your pm phone # to your fongo # before you leave Canada and purchase just the US data roaming add on. Fongo also works on mobile data (1 min=0.5mb/100 min=50mb) so you could still recieve incoming pm texts, recieve incoming pm calls to your fongo #/app, outgoing calls from your fongo number and outgoing  texts from textnow for free or small fee from fongo.
  9. All US roaming add ons have either unlimted text, talk or both. Only data has limits depending on your purchase 250mb/500mb/1gb. Once the data is consumed it will just stop you could then purchase different roaming add on, wait 24 hr to buy or contact the moderator to buy the same US roaming add on again. (* except talk as previously mentioned.)

Happy travels and Stay--Safe!

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

T--T

Knowledge from PM Mayor

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

For U.S. Roaming 10 day packages
Unlimited U.S. Talk, Text and 250MB Data Bundle = $20
Unlimited U.S. Talk and Text Bundle = $15
Unlimited U.S. Talk Only = $8
Unlimited U.S. Text Only = $8
U.S. Data Only 10 day packages
250MB = $10
500MB = $15
1GB = $20

when you visit U.S. then Purchase it,

sign in to Self-Serve, to review your account,

How To Purchase Add-Ons Using Your Self-Serve Account

Follow these steps:

1. Click on ‘Purchase Add- Ons’ on the Overview tab and scroll down to the Add-On calculator.
  2. Click the plus sign (+) to add and the minus sign (-) to remove selected Add-ons.
  3. When you’ve added all your desired Add-Ons, click ‘Buy Add-Ons’ or ‘Make a Payment’ below the calculator:
    • You will see ‘Make a Payment’ instead of ‘Buy Add-Ons’
  4. Select ‘Confirm my purchase’,
  5. after purchase successful you have to do Rebooting your phone
    what is meant by rebooting the device turn off and turn it back on.

review of Add-ons visit Here link...

make sure enable roaming on,
Try manually selecting either of  AT&T or T-Mobile, whichever works best for you,
for Re-Purchase Add-ons you need to wait 25 hours after the expiry first Purchase Add-ons or you need to Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agentto them do it for you...

• send a private message to Customer Support Agent by Click Here link..

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @linkr   US Roaming start counting the 10 days (240 hours) from the moment you bought it.  I do not thing they can change the time. 

But you can try to open ticket with PM to confirm.    To  open a ticket with PM support, click on the Bubble on the lower right or directly at : https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.
Follow these these to get to ticket open page quicker:

1. type: Contact CS Agent
  2. Click "Contact Us"
  3. Click "Other"
  4. Click "Click here to submit a ticket"
  5. you will then direct to another page to open ticket.

After ticket is submitted, make sure to check your Community Inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically for response from PM's CS Agent

If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can also send a private message to the moderators (but this can take longer):

Need Help? Let's chat.