cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change 4G Plans? Am I missing something?

Croft
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am currently on the 15 GB at 4G Speed, 30-day, Unlimited Canada-wide Talk, Unlimited International Text plan for $40/month.

I am looking at the "new" 40 GB at 4G, Unlimited Canada wide Minutes and messaging, Unlimited International Text for $29/month.

The "New" Plan seems to be a no-brainer for me to switch to as it offers more data at a savings of $11 / month. Am I missing something here? Can anyone think of a reason not to switch? I do not have a 5G phone and my use is limited to talk, text and Internet browsing. Thanks

9 REPLIES 9

golfball
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Sansan Those are the official terms but it's not how it's programmed in the system. I reached out to customer service about downgrading from my $34 plan to the $29 plan and they said it would stay.

colleeno

It’s a good idea to check Public Mobile’s plan offerings, if not daily, at least once a week. You probably could have changed to a more economical plan a while ago.

Croft

As I say, it is not an issue either way as I hardly ever go over the 15GB I had. I assumed I would lose the 240 GB "gift" as I am going from a $40 plan to a $29 plan but we shall see. I have signed up to be changed on my renewal date. Thanks for the help!

@golfball  not correct.

You lose the data if you switch to a plan that is lower than what you currently have.

Croft

Thanks Sansan, I was aware I would lose that "gift" and it is not an issue, I hardly ever went over my 15GB. It is simply the $ savings I was looking at and it seemed too good to be true. More data for less money and no other changes.

golfball

@Sansan The 240GB data bonus is only lost if you switch to a plan less than $29, so it would stay in this case.

golfball

Yep, it's a no-brainer, prices have come down recently.

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

@Croft  yes, it's a good plan. The only downside if it matters to you; is that you would be downgrading so Public Mobile will take back the 'gift' data if you were apart of the switch to Public Points. 

If not, schedule it to switch on Renewal. 

Need Help? Let's chat.