cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Certain phone numbers of friends not getting my texts

marmstrong
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
@CS_Agent
While most of my contacts seem to work, a few of my friends are able to receive my calls but not my texts, and vice versa. One of my friends is on Freedom Mobile, and since I recently switched, I thought might have something to do with that. While not major concern, it is annoying. I'm hoping this isn't a minor port issue as everything else is going well. Still waiting on access to data though.
2 REPLIES 2

marmstrong
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
I'm using an unlocked ZTE Axon 7, not originally on the Freedom network. I bought it separately.

Looking at the default settings for my service, all seems in order, but my proxy is only default,mms and not default,mms supl... I created a new APN, with the same settings as described, but cannot set the MVNO to GID or value to 4D4F.

I've also restarted my phone. It's hard to know if I have any data, since my phone isn't showing that I'm on the 4G network.

I think I just need to be more patient.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

What is make/model of your phone? If you are able to make calls data should be working. Check the APN settings below. If they look correct, many Freedom phones reqire a factory reset to access Public Mobile's LTE network.

MMS/APN settings From @s2scotty

If you have multiple APNs listed, ONLY one, the PM one, should have the APN type "default". 

Including "mms", as in, "default,mms,supl" makes it clear TO THE PHONE to route MMS via this APN/carrier.  IT APPEARS CRITICAL THAT there are NO SPACES between the words and the commas (e.g. "default,<space>mms" = wrong and "default,mms" = correct). A trailing space proved an issue on a phone (e.g. "default, mms<space>" = wrong and "default,mms" = correct). Like "default", only the correct and active APN should include the "mms" tag.

*  Name: Mobile Internet

  APN: sp.mb.com

  Proxy: Unspecified

  Port: Unspecified

  Username: Unspecified

  Password: Unspecified

  Server: Unspecified

  MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc

  MMSC proxy: 74.49.0.18

  MMS port: 80

  MCC: 302

  MNC: 220

  Authentication type: Unspecified

*  APN type: default,mms,supl

*  APN roaming Protocol: IPv4

  Bearer: Unspecified

  MVNO type: GID

  MVNO value: 4D4F

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
Need Help? Let's chat.