cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cell number

Louie1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My cell number has been changed. I did not request it to be changed. How can I retrieve my previous number?

7 REPLIES 7

Louie1

My account from previous provider was no longer active. I’ve reconciled to letting go of my old number. 

yackinlyn
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hey talking about a failed port in, how to authorize landline phone-fongo. Mine was cancelled due to no authorization,even I sent fongo multiple emails.thx

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Louie1 

I believe @softech is onto something.

Did the number you lose happen to be the one you had used with a prior provider?

When moving here, did you receive a Port Authorization Text from them asking if you wanted to port (move) your number to Public Mobile?  

Did you respond "YES" to that text?

If no, you should try calling your old number to see if it's been re-assigned to another user.   If not, you have a chance (albeit small) of getting that number back, depending on which provider originally issued the number.

You will require Customer Support to assist with this process.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Louie1 did you join and request  porting a month ago?  If you did, look like you didn't authorize the porting with your old provider and hence the port was stuck for a full month.  As it passed 30 days, PM has to cancel the port and  assigned you new number

Before trying to get that number back, call your old provider and confirm if they still have the number and if the account is still active. The account must be still active before you can try to port it into PM againm. Please call your. old provider and confirm. Let us know and we will advise further from there 

Louie1

Thanks

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Louie1 @That’s scary I’d start with changing my passwords  and make sure you have 2 factor  authentication on and contact support , best of luck 

Getting help from agent , through automation

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to our Agents. Click here to get started.      

Or  get direct help from a agent right here in the community ( my preferred choice )

• Alternatively, you can send a private message to our Agents by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work

Quigley
Mayor / Maire

@Louie1 

You'll have to get a Customer Support Agent to help with that.

Use the Chat Bot Simon to get a service ticket started first.

Or send a private message to CS_Agent

Need Help? Let's chat.