cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Carrier update

Scullyxo
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My son’s cell service stopped working with cellular displaying "An update is required to use cellular data on this iPhone." I have backed up and updated my phone and cellular service still not working. Tried resetting network setting and same issue.

please help !

7 REPLIES 7

Scullyxo

The Apple device app shows that the iPhone software is up to date 

is there anything else I can try ?

should I try restore iPhone ?

Scullyxo

I looked Settings > General > About but no carrier information is listed like it is in my phone (iPhone 11)

I will try again with my laptop    I didn’t have the Apple devices app so I am just downloading right now.  
thanks 

Scullyxo

I put my SIM card in his phone and his sim in mine.  I had no issues connecting to a cellular network on my phone but his still had the same issue.  
I tried updating his phone last night with my windows computer already to try and fix the issue 

fixin1
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Scullyxo - The carrier profile should be at Public Mobile 58.0 as shown here:

IMG_7244.jpg

Also it is in Settings > General > About.

And to update carrier profile plug the device into a Mac and open Finder and click on "Update" or on the Apple Devices app on Windows and click "Update."

And sometimes it should show up if you don't update for a while or the carrier forced out a profile update it should pop up something.

Scullyxo

Yes I can put my sim in the phone to test it.  I will try that and let you know 

Scullyxo

It is an iPhone Xs. iOS is 17.4.1!

Don’t know how to find carrier profile version

how do you update carrier profile ?

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Scullyxo 

what iPhone is that? what iOS version is that and what Carrier profile version? Make sure you update Carrier profile as well

do you have another PM sim to test the phone?

Need Help? Let's chat.