cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant transfer phone number been trying for 4 days

zzezezzezz
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I cant transfer my phone number from Koodoo to Public mobile. Ive been trying for days. I finally got the text message to say "Yes" from koodoo to initiate the transfer. Then I put in my public SIM. Then I had no service for 24+ hours. Now I finally have service but MY NUMBER DIDNT CHANGE. No one can contact me. I need my number ASAP.

14 REPLIES 14

@Chalupa_Batman wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Chalupa_Batman wrote:

EDIT: Nevermind, I found it.

Transferring a Phone Number from Koodo Prepaid

If you wish to transfer an existing numbering from Koodo Prepaid, you will need to first complete your activation with a new number, then reach out to our Customer Support Agents here in order to transfer your existing number to Public Mobile.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/transfer-your-number

Very bottom of the page.

When it comes to the above, that doesn't apply here.  As the customer replied to the text messsage to authorize the phone number transfer, the porting request did get submitted.  For a Koodo prepaid number, the porting request wouldn't even have been submitted. The system would have just refused to proceed.

So you're saying the website is wrong and that you don't need to get a hold of a CS Agent to assist with the porting over of a Koodo number?

That's not what I'm saying.  As I've mentioend earlier, a customer support agent is needed to port a prepaid Koodo number to Public Mobile.  The reason I said that infromation doesn't apply to this situation has to do with how if a customer requests that during activation or in Self Serve for such a number to be ported, the app or wesbite would simply return an error message.  The first post in this thread indidicates that Koodo sent the customer a text message to approve the phone number transfer.  That means that the request was already submitted, which is an indication of it not being a prepaid Koodo number (as the request would have never made it to that step if it were).

Bailss

While it is not common to take this long number transfers can take up to 3 days to transfer but if you are still having issues you can contact your previous provider so they can reinitiate the transfer process.  Since your phone is now active it is possible to restart the transfer process for 30 days. 

check out this article. Hope it helps

@Chalupa_Batman   So you're saying the website is wrong and that you don't need to get a hold of a CS Agent to assist with the porting over of a Koodo number?

The difference is postpaid vs. prepaid.  Prepaid from Koodo needs customer service, postpaid from Koodo doesn't.  

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Chalupa_Batman wrote:

If you wish to transfer an existing numbering from Koodo Prepaid, you will need to first complete your activation with a new number, then reach out to our Customer Support Agents here in order to transfer your existing number to Public Mobile.

Very bottom of the page.

When it comes to the above, that doesn't apply here.  As the customer replied to the text messsage to authorize the phone number transfer, the porting request did get submitted.  For a Koodo prepaid number, the porting request wouldn't even have been submitted. The system would have just refused to proceed.

So you're saying the website is wrong and that you don't need to get a hold of a CS Agent to assist with the porting over of a Koodo number?

@Chalupa_Batman wrote:

Very bottom of the page.

@Chalupa_Batman wrote:

It was my understanding @computergeek541 there are certain numbers on Koodo that can't be ported. At the top of my head I can't remember what it was. Care to share?

Any currently used Koodo Mobile phone number can be ported to Public Mobile without exception.  There are prepaid phone numbers from Koodo that require the help of a customer support agent to port to Public Mobile, but it can still be done. 

It was my understanding @computergeek541 there are certain numbers on Koodo that can't be ported. At the top of my head I can't remember what it was. Care to share?

Very bottom of the page.

@Chalupa_Batman wrote:

Hello @zzezezzezz 

See the box at the bottom right corner, click on the chat box and enter Customer Service Agent and follow the prompts. 

Check Eligibility to Move (koodomobile.com)

As the number was coming from Koodo, there's no need to check eligibility as Public Mobile is also owned by Telus.

@zzezezzezz wrote:

Is there no live chat? Telephone? Im sick of this back and forth snail mail stuff I need my number now..

Sorry, but there is no live chat. Please use the instructions provided earlier to open a ticket.

@zzezezzezz wrote:

When I go into Transfer number on my profile and type in my old one it says  Phone number not eligible for port

That would be because your number has already been ported to Public Mobile or that the porting is in process. It can't be ported twice.

@zzezezzezz wrote:

I cant transfer my phone number from Koodoo to Public mobile. Ive been trying for days. I finally got the text message to say "Yes" from koodoo to initiate the transfer. Then I put in my public SIM. Then I had no service for 24+ hours. Now I finally have service but MY NUMBER DIDNT CHANGE. No one can contact me. I need my number ASAP.

Having no service at Public Mobile isn't a number specific to number porting.  This sounds to be an activation/provisioning issue.  Please open a ticket using the chatbot at https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html or by using the support section of the Public Mobile app.

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hello @zzezezzezz 

See the box at the bottom right corner, click on the chat box and enter Customer Service Agent and follow the prompts. 

Check Eligibility to Move (koodomobile.com)

zzezezzezz

Is there no live chat? Telephone? Im sick of this back and forth snail mail stuff I need my number now..

zzezezzezz

When I go into Transfer number on my profile and type in my old one it says  Phone number not eligible for port

Need Help? Let's chat.