cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant receive phone calls or verification texts

brankingPM
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Just recently transfered to Public Mobile, 

I am using an eSim. I can't receive inbound calls from family members and I have not been receiving 2FA texts through Google, etc. Can someone help me fix this ASAP?

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6

@brankingPM  Might be faster to cal the number I send you private message for the porting team 

brankingPM
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks everyone for your help, I will message CS_Agent to restart the porting process!

Thank you!

Bigjay83
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@brankingPM I had the same issue when porting my number over to Public Mobile. Your previous provider will send you a text message confirming the port, you will need to reply within 90 minutes. Please ensure that you leave the physical SIM from your previous provider active until the porting process is complete. 

If you did the steps above please try turning off your device and turning it on. Once you have done that check to see if the E-SIM is active. Hopefully that will resolve the issue. If that does not work please submit a ticket or private message to CS_Agent to restart the porting process. 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@brankingPM 

It sounds like you missed the common mistake and critical part of the porting process in completing the porting.

You forgot to leave the old SIM and replied to the text confirming you are porting over to PM with YES within a 90 minute window.

You need to contact a CS_Agent to restart the porting process for you.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@brankingPM  There’s a number for live support that can re trigger the port request for you if needed and give status update on the port . Will send you the number private message as we not allowed to post it here 

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@brankingPM 

Did you respond yes to your previous carriers port request text?  How long did you port over?  It can take a few hours for port to be successful. 

Are you able to receive incoming texts?  What about incoming calls from other sources?  

Sometimes it does take a few days to receive 2FA texts, but you should be able to receive texts from friends and family.  

Might be a stuck port depending on your answers and situiation. 

Need Help? Let's chat.