cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant receive incoming calls

CM45
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just received my first sim card, created my account and got my number. I can call out and send and receive text messages but can't receive calls or use internet. I've don all the troubleshooting but it's still not working. What do I do?

11 REPLIES 11

@carmenking123   sent, please check your Community inbox

carmenking123

I have the same issue...can you send me the same number?

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@CM45  Can you try the SIM card in another device and see if  services work and if it does try it back in your phone and see if that helps , after trying @dabr  suggestions otherwise you may need to ask support to reprovision  the SIM 

Getting support / submit ticket

• Get support by starting a conversation with virtual Chat box /SIMon. Click here                 

Or while your already here and logged in the community

• you can send a private message   To CS_Agents by clicking here.

Watch for reply top of page to the

Right ( envelope image )

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@CM45   How long ago did you activate your new number/account? 

Keep rebooting/toggling airplane mode on/off for the next hour to see if everything gets sorted. Did you try your SIM in another phone as suggested earlier?

@CM45 wrote:

I chose a new number I didn't port one

The incoming call part sounds like a provisioning issue.  Contact customer support agents via chatbot.

CM45

I chose a new number I didn't port one

CM45

Thanks, I checked everything and its good but still not working

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@CM45   For the data you need to ensure you have the correct APN settings on your phone.  Here's couple of links that might help.

Android:  https://www.publicmobile.ca/get-help/articles/set-up-data-on-an-android-phone

Iphone:  https://www.publicmobile.ca/get-help/articles/set-up-data-on-an-iphone

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@CM45  Did you port your number to PM and miss the 90 minute window to reply YES to confirmation text from old provider ? If yes there’s a porting team to call for live support can help , I’ll send you the number private message 

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@CM45 

Sorry to hear about your troubles. Did you port over a number from another carrier.  Or started a new account with a new phone number

Can you try your SIM card in another working phone.  That would help determine whether hardware issue versus PM service problem. 

A few basic trouble shooting advice:

Reboot phone

Network reset of phone. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@CM45 , did you do a number transfer during the activation?  If so, it can take a bit of time for the process to complete. Also, did you confirm the transfer from your old service? 

Need Help? Let's chat.