cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant receive calls or texts

rolandm
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I've been with PM for 2 years and randomly I cant receive phone calls or texts, and SMS seems verrry slow.

Tried a restart, removing and re inserting SIM card, toggling off-on airplane mode.

Just started acting up yesterday.

11 REPLIES 11

pkaraa
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Reboot the phone and re-seat the SIM

1. power off your device

2. take out the SIM card,

3. clean SIM card,

4. wait 5 minutes, put it back and power on,

5. toggle airplane mode off/on

LeePublic
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Some people are having trouble with connecting to the network based on a recent Reddit post (as of 13 hours ago) on the Public Mobile subreddit. 

@LaPoutine wrote:

Tried this solution and didn't work. 2G neither for what it's worth.

The suggestion people gave about setting yoru phone to use the 3g network was bccause the 3g network works for all of voice, data, and text messaging at Public Mobile.  There is no 2g network available to Public Mobile customers.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@rolandm wrote:

I've been with PM for 2 years and randomly I cant receive phone calls or texts, and SMS seems verrry slow.

Tried a restart, removing and re inserting SIM card, toggling off-on airplane mode.

Just started acting up yesterday.

@rolandm 

Regardless of your fix for this time around. If you are in an area that you have always received calls and texts previously, I would let CSA know about this.

As more people are reporting this to the Community, I think these customers should be letting CSA know.

Kinda of getting silly, all these reports over the last few days.

Do you have an LG G7 thinq, by any chance?

To contact the Public Mobile Customer Support Agent (CSA)_Team, there are two methods to reach them:

1 -  Faster - Click the bubble comment circle on the bottom right-hand side of your screen,

or use this link to: Get Help With SIMon the Public Mobile chatbot

OR

2 – Slower - Use this link to:

Private Message to Public Mobile Customer Support Agents (CSA)

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@rolandm wrote:

Thank you, I''ve tried these solutions, but will do them again!

There seems to be many complaints of this nature the last few days.

It could well be some issues from the PM network. There could be some flakiness when systems are restored after outages.

Keep trying to reboot and renew the settings periodically to see if the issue will resolve by itself soon. 

rolandm

Thank you, I''ve tried these solutions, but will do them again!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@rolandm 

you know the network sometime is craziness,

can you try to do one thing Make sure your phone is off before removing your SIM card,

and take your SIM card out and waiting for a 2 minute and put it back and turn on -This one is quick and simple.

what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

or can you do try reseat the SIM card

1. power off your device

2. take out the SIM card,

3. wipe it clean SIM card,

4. put it back and power on,

5. toggling airplane mode off/on,  

and do again Rebooting your phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

rolandm

Thanks this seems to be a temporary fix, but not sure what is going on otherwise

LaPoutine
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Tried this solution and didn't work. 2G neither for what it's worth.

Several customers have had same issue recently.  Looks like manually choosing 3G network is working so far.  PM management is being made aware of the issue.

fwiggy

Hi there,

I just realized I've also been having the same problem since yesterday (can't receive calls/texts, or texts are very slow to come in). I had a similar issue a few months ago where I couldn't receive calls, and so I just tried the fix for that - switching your network to 3G. Since doing that, i am receiving calls and texts again. Will just have to periodically toggle LTE network back on to see when the larger issue is fixed.

Need Help? Let's chat.