cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant receive calls. I received a text from previous provider and said yes.

DeannaS
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Switched to public mobile 4 hours ago.

SMS  are erratic, I can call out, however incoming calls say "this number is not equipped for incoming service".

5 REPLIES 5

@DeannaS glad it is all working.  

Yes, porting sometimes take a bit longer and a bit of issue.  But once it is ported, it should be good.  

Enjoy !!

DeannaS
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks everyone. I sent in a ticket and it appears to have been solved overnight 

mh1983
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Did you get a confirmation text from the provider you're porting out of after you responded "Yes"?

As others said, it can take time. If after a reboot/waiting you don't see full service, open a ticket through the chat bot (speech balloon on bottom right of screen)

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@DeannaS 

try to reboot the phone one more time and see how it goes..

you said SMS is  erratic.. so, you were able to get incoming SMS on your PM ..?

porting usually completed 30 mins after you reply the SMS.. but on some odd days why system is busy, it can take 2 hours or so.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@DeannaS wrote:

Switched to public mobile 4 hours ago.

SMS  are erratic, I can call out, however incoming calls say "this number is not equipped for incoming service".

Hello @DeannaS 

It can take 2-3 hours to complete a cell port/transfer of number to another provider.

In the meantime,

Try one or more of the below:

*turn off your phone, leave off for a minutes, then reboot

*removing your SIM for a few minutes, then reinserting it

*go into airplane mode for a few minutes, then going back to regular mode

*reset network settings

If still issues after the few hours to complete the port, report back with what is happening.

Moderators may need to be engaged, but wait until calls stops coming to your old provider's SIM card before contacting them; then see where you are at.

To contact the Public Mobile Moderator_Team, there are two methods to reach them:

1 -  Faster - Click the bubble comment circle on the bottom right-hand side of your screen,

or use this link to: Get Help With SIMon the Public Mobile chatbot

OR

2 – Slower - Use this link to:

Private Message to Public Mobile Moderators (PM Customer Service Representatives)

Need Help? Let's chat.