cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant get my number ported.

Shaunk83
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

The number we tried to port over to public moblie wont work and wont recieve phone calls. So changed it to a public mobile number. An now I cant cancel the old contract because the number is stuck. How do I fix this?

6 REPLIES 6

Shaunk83

Thank you. I probably did act to fast after running into problems. Just wait and see how long this port problem lasts. Thanks again.

Psygineer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

All ports take time, all ports have a period where you can call out, but can't receive calls (your old carrier is still receiving them). Depending on where you are porting from the time frame can be 6 or so hours (give or take a couple of hours) if it is mobile to mobile (like it seems like yours was). A few business days for landlines and up to a week or so for VOIP. All you had to do was just wait out the period and everything would be fine (unless the port did get stuck which then needs help). It sounds like you were a bit too impatient and changed your number to a public mobile pool number AFTER requesting the port of your old number. The automatic porting process likely will close your old account for you once the port completes (in a few hours). Not sure if it is worth trying, but what if you were to retry the port, change your number back to your ported number and see what happens. Either way, you will need to wait out the porting period to see what happens. I'd also PM the moderators directly rather than just having this post because they may not see it in time. Sadly their response time can be a bit slow and they may not see it in time regardless. I am hoping for the best for you!

PM the Mods with this link

Try to give them as much information regarding the issue as you can, as well as your phone number, PIN, Account Number, your name, date of birth, etc. to verify you are the account holder.

Community Moderators are available from:

Monday to Friday from 9am (EDT) to 9pm (EDT)
Saturday and Sunday from 9am (EDT) to 7pm (EDT)

Jarvar
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hello @Shaunk83

So you have a Public Mobile Number and you tried to port over from Fido or Koodo?

If the accounts are still active, you have a chance to port them over, but if they are already canceled, then they might be lost.

Shaunk83

Can I still keep the ported number it did originally come from koodoo

Shaunk83

So how do I end the port? Because now I cant cancel my contract with fido. They said it's on public mobiles end to stop the port.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Shaunk83 wrote:

The number we tried to port over to public moblie wont work and wont recieve phone calls. So changed it to a public mobile number. An now I cant cancel the old contract because the number is stuck. How do I fix this?

It will take a few hours to port your number to PM.   I wish that you did not get a new number from PM over the ported number.  If your old number was not originally from Telus or Koodo, your old number was went back to the original issuer.

You can send a private message to moderator for help.  But there is 48 - 72 hours wait for moderator.

Need Help? Let's chat.