cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant Access my voicemail

Omotee
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am unable to access my voicemail, if i hold down the 1 keypad it just says the number you have dialed cannot be reached please try again later. I didnt port numbers or anything. Its really annoying 

6 REPLIES 6

Try dialling your own number to access, from your smart phone. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Omotee 

you can try reseat the SIM card and Make sure your phone is off before removing your SIM card,

1. power off your device

2. take out the SIM card,

3. waiting a 1 minute,

4. put it back and power on,

5. toggling airplane mode off/on, 

and try manually selecting network "3G ONLY" or WCDMA only,

for iPhone visit Here link 

or Here link 

for android visit Here link ,

and do Rebooting your phone ,This is quick and simple,to refreshing your network,

*what is meant by rebooting the device turn off and turn it back on.

review everything about  voicemail Help Articles (publicmobile.ca)

and try to call your number from same device.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Omotee : Go in to the setting's of your dialer where there should be a voicemail number option. It should be any one of the numbers linked by Nezgar. You might have an old code from another provider that won't work here.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Omotee wrote:

I am unable to access my voicemail, if i hold down the 1 keypad it just says the number you have dialed cannot be reached please try again later. I didnt port numbers or anything. Its really annoying 

@Omotee Help Article about setting up voicemail here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/ns/get-help/articles/set-up-voicemail

If you were able to access your voicemail before, but no you cannot, I suggest you perform a Reset of your Network Settings.

Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, and VPN and APN settings that you've used before.

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

@Omotee wrote:

Sometimes the voicemail access number is not automatically provisioned from the SIM. As a workaround, you can manually dial any of many local access numbers across Canada - for instance 1-778-580-4001. You may be able to program this as a speed dial into one of the other keys, other than 1. Here is a full list you can choose one close to you from:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Updated-list-of-Voicemail-Access-Numbers/...

If you are using android, go into the phone app, Settings, Speed dial settings, 1-Voicemail, Setup, and see if you can edit the voicemail number there to 778-580-4001 or any one of the other numbers on the above link.

If you are using iPhone, you can try programming the voicemail access number by dialing this code in the phone app: *5005*86*17785804001# (or change to any one of the other numbers in the above link)

walker1
Mayor / Maire

@Omotee

Make sure that all of your apps are up to date on your phone. Especially the phone app that controls your voicemail.

Also try rebooting your phone and try again.

Need Help? Let's chat.