cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot update credit card

sidewaysdesign
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I need to update the expiry date on my credit card (new issue has the same number).

When I click on Manage AutoPay on the top page under the Payment tab in my account, it shows the correct current card info, but the only button below it is "Remove Autopay".

I tried removing the card to replace it, but after refreshing the page, the same card is there, even though the Payment tab shows "Add a card", indicating the Autopay has been removed.

So I can neither replace nor modify the current card, presumably with the old expiry date, which is this month.

Any suggestions as to how I can resolve this?

10 REPLIES 10

Zyl
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@sidewaysdesign wrote:

I need to update the expiry date on my credit card (new issue has the same number).

When I click on Manage AutoPay on the top page under the Payment tab in my account, it shows the correct current card info, but the only button below it is "Remove Autopay".

I tried removing the card to replace it, but after refreshing the page, the same card is there, even though the Payment tab shows "Add a card", indicating the Autopay has been removed.

So I can neither replace nor modify the current card, presumably with the old expiry date, which is this month.

If you scroll all the way to the bottom, you should see a link called "Manage My Card" and this is where you update your credit card information.  On that page, click on either "Replace this credit card" or "Remove this credit card" and you should be able to update the expiration date information after clicking on "Register" at the bottom to save the changes.  I had to change my credit card to be used for AutoPay and I was able to do so via the "Replace this credit card" link successfully.  And you should see the changes immediately reflected in your payment information.  

If you really are not successful, you can send a private message to "CS_Agent" to ask them to update it for you. 

Hope this helps.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@sidewaysdesign 

you can Remove your credit card and Logout and

i suggest you close all Browser and do clear cache and cookies for any Browser,

and try open one Browser incognito mode,

or try it for a different Browser and open incognito mode,

how to open Browser incognito mode visit Here link,

how to clear cache and cookies and History visit Here link,

and use a Browser from your computer,is better

use Browser microsoft edge or chrome latest version
and just make sure your Browser is up to date update
sometime is the Browser is not update is give a issue.

how to update your Browser visit Here link, 

and Restart your computer, is will help a lot,

and log in and re entered your credit details,

just make sure your credit card number and your address match the same,

sometime your typing but is a one word or letter or number is a wrong or is missing just make sure for it.

How To Update or Remove Your Payment

Follow these steps:

1. sign in to Self-Serve.  Once signed in,

2. click on the ‘Payment’ tab,

then scroll to the bottom of the page and select ‘Manage my card’.

you will have the option to either select ‘Replace this card’, or ‘Remove this card’.

You will need to review and confirm this change to your account,

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ah pictures are so much better.

@sidewaysdesign: If it seems to not work then try once more then let it sit for an hour and try another couple times. Don't keep hammering away at it.

Then when it seems to stick...do a little manual payment of like a dollar to test.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@sidewaysdesign wrote:

@sidewaysdesign 

Try going to the bottom, left of this page under the PAYMENT tab, then go to the Remove this Credit Card

Log out. Then log back in. Add the new card.

esjliv_0-1619383071783.png

esjliv_0-1641229747168.png

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@sidewaysdesign 

Before logging into your self-serve account, recommend following this procedure to avoid the common glitches that sometimes occur with this process:

1. Clear your browser's cache & cookies
  2. Use incognito mode
  3. Now, log into your self-serve account
  4. Click Payment tab
  5. Select "Manage My Card"
  6. Select "replace card" (if doesn't work, try "remove this card")
  7. Type your address exactly as from your billing statement
  8.  Don't use a space in the postal code
  9.  Use ALL CAPS if necessary
  10.  Type everything, not letting autofill complete any fields

HALIMACS_0-1641229715304.jpeg

@sidewaysdesign  Incognito mode didn't help?

You  said "but after refreshing the page, the same card is there,",  are you trying to update just your expiry date and same card number?   If so,  then it is normal the same card number is there, isn't it?   I think when you go back to Manage Credit card, only the card number are shown but not the expiry date

Anonymous
Not applicable

@sidewaysdesign : The key in the link from Dunkman above is the little line to the lower left - Manage my card. All you've done is toggle off the autopay option.

sidewaysdesign
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks — I cleared the cache multiple times to no avail. (I'm a web developer).

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@sidewaysdesign   It could be just a browser cache issue.

Try to use Incognito mode, or clear cache and close and relaunch all browser windows, or use another browser (Edge/Chrome/Firefox) or even try on another phone/computer

Need Help? Let's chat.