cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot unlock screen

Cathy63
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello community having a huge issue with my LG K120 mobile phone. Screen lights up but when I try to unlock my phone with my pin, after I swipe up on the screen all I can see is a straight line with the word EMERGENCY under the line. When I try to tap and bring up the key pad to enter the pin nothing happens.

7 REPLIES 7

PAULRANG18
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

The phone may need to be charged. Is it a new phone? If so, it could be locked.

Just MIGHT end up with having to do a factory reset..... not the ideal situation, but would likely solve the problem. Try other possibilities first, such as those @ChuckYeah  suggested.

@Cathy63 If your phone is forcing you to wait 30 s before trying again I don't think this is a pm issue it is a phone lock issue. You may want to google or search on youtube for "reset lg k120 pin code without hard reset" and you may find a soultion or a video showing your issue and a solution.

@Cathy63 wrote:

Hello community having a huge issue with my LG K120 mobile phone. Screen lights up but when I try to unlock my phone with my pin, after I swipe up on the screen all I can see is a straight line with the word EMERGENCY under the line. When I try to tap and bring up the key pad to enter the pin nothing happens.

It shouldn't be showing that message because that means that it's either connected to a different network or the that Public Mobile network is refusing to allow you to use it. 

The other thing to consider is if it isn't allowing you access the keypad to dial 9-1-1. there could be an issue with the device's touchscreen.

buiya
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Is this your first time using this device with a PM sim?  Both responses so far are a great start with troubleshooting this matter.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Cathy63 wrote:

@Cathy63  Connect the power adapter and plug it in for ~15 minutes and then try again.

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

Can you test your sim on another phone?

If you know nobody with pm/Koodo/Telus phone you could walk into Telus/Koodo store or pm kiosks and ask if they have a loaner to test the sim

What is the status when you login to your account.

Do you have access to your email?

Need Help? Let's chat.