cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot sign in to new account to activate

Kevin-Celkev
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I created a new account with username and password in September 2023. I selected a plan and purchased this plan together with simcard which arrived in the post a week or so later. The plan was for 30gig at 5G speed for $40 per month. I also paid $10 for a simcard. My bill came to $56. See attached screenshot from September.

I have only now gotten around to planning the insertion of the new simcard and I wish to port my existing number from my existing provider Fido. When I tried to sign into my PM account using the email and password which I created in September when I purchased this plan, It does not allow me to sign in and activate. I get to the two step verification and then go into the PM website but it does not say "Good Morning Celkev" or anything and it gives me the option of signing in again! - see screenshot below.

What is the procedure that I need to follow at this point? I have left my Fido simcard in my phone for now and my Fido account is still active but I wish to swop across to my new PM simcard and account.

Please assist me with what I need to do and the order in which I need to do this.

Kind regards,

Kevin-Celkev

Public Mobile payment for sim card and month one Krissy under Celkev.jpgPublic mobile logged in screen after inserting email and password - 3 Nov 2023.jpg

5 REPLIES 5

@Kevin-Celkev 

If you feel you've exhausted reasonable options, reach out to the customer support agents and ask them for the refund consideration.

To contact a Customer Support Agent, send a private message to them by clicking here.  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar, or tap your Avatar down in Messages.

HI @Kevin-Celkev 

you have the PM sim card in the phone? people can receive that code even activation completed as long as the PM sim in the phone

but if you still cannot login to complete the subscription, please submit ticket with CS agent by messaging here:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Kevin-Celkev
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have downloaded the public mobile app but when I put my username (email address) and password, it sends me the 6 digit OTP which I insert. It then buffers for a bit like it is trying to give me access to the app and then comes back with "sorry, something went wrong". I have tried with the app on a mobile device as well as the PM website using various browsers on a desktop PC and I still cannot get in. I believe that I need to be signed in to the app or website to be able to activate the simcard and import the existing number from Fido? If I simply cannot get signed in to the app or website, I will not be able to do this, so it is like a vicious cycle. I do have a completely different PM account for another number and handpiece which I have had since 2019 and I have no difficulty signing into that account so it does not appear to be a hardware nor software issue. I tried phoning Telus to see if there was anyone there who could assist me but there wasn't. At this point, I would just like to get a refund for the $50 which I spent and go to another provider where they have a call centre which provides support.

Please let me know what you suggest as I am at a loss as to why I cannot get into the app or website.

Also, do you know how I would be able to request a refund for the $50 which I appear to have wasted?

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Kevin-Celkev 

Download the public mobile app showing on that screenshot on your device, and proceed with the activation.

mojorising
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

the PM app is required to activate your new SIM.

Once activated, you can manage your account on a computer or on the PM app.

Need Help? Let's chat.