cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot send/receive pictures on Samsung Galaxy A12

Bmack
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I cannot open pictures sent to me nor send out pictures.  I get the MMS message which has a download box with file size but does not open. ERROR:NETWORK ERROR OCCURED pops up.  I have tried many APN settings variations based on info I have but no go.  Switched to Public Mobile a week ago.  I did not have data at all in the beginning but have since got that going.  At wits end now.  

edited by computergeek541: miscategorized/not  a question about the Community website

23 REPLIES 23

Bmack

Your information was correct!

Bmack

Reset network and waalaaa!  Thank you and everyone that had me try various things.  Now I know my new phone inside and out.

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@Bmack 

• turn off device take out SIM card and inserted to other device and turn on,
  • reset network settings How > Set up Internet  and check  APN settings
  • go to your text app clear cache/clear data,
  • updated version of Messages app,

• if sending MMS messages > Ensure that you have a data mobile connection is on,
  • check your software ios update, and rebooting device.

HI @Bmack , 

did you try to just click Reset Network?

or you tested the sim card on another phone?  if you are trying that, please check the APN settings after you put the sim card in the other phone

and if issue persists, open ticket with PM CS agent:

at : https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot. Follow this to get to ticket open screen quicker:

start by typing : Contact CS Agent
then Click "Contact Us"
then Click "Other"
finally Click "Click here to submit a ticket"
you will then direct to another page to open ticket.

After ticket is submitted, make sure to check your Community Inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically for response from PM's CS Agent

If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can also send a private message to the CS Agent (but this can take longer):
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@dust2dust   but he changed it back to blank..um.

I guess it is time to open a ticket with PM support?  that have been been some mms (or sms?  I forgot) issues lately and they all need to have PM Support involved to get it resovled.

@softech- He had tried that earlier. No change.

@Bmack   your main problem is  APN Type, it is currently blank, please update:

APN Type: default,supl,mms

I would change the following too:

MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc
MMS Proxy: mmscproxy.mobility.ca
MMS Port: 8799

and this is the full list for your reference:

APN: sp.mb.com
Proxy:
Port:
Username: <blank>
Password: <blank>
Server:
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc
MMS Proxy: mmscproxy.mobility.ca
MMS Port: 8799
MCC: 302
MNC: 220
Authentication Type: Not Set
APN Type: default,supl,mms

or    default,mms,agps,supl,fota,hipri
APN protocol: IPv4
APN roaming protocol: IPv4
APN enable/disable: APN enabled

or  Turn APN on/off APN turned on

Bearer: Unspecified
MVNO (Mobile virtual network operator) type: GID
MVNO (Mobile virtual network operator)value: 4D

Bmack

20220830_152109.jpg20220830_152041.jpgMy current settings. Tried port 8799 and had no internet at all.  Tried Name -public mobile and public mobile 2 and no difference. Tried various MMS Proxy suggested and no difference. 

Hi @Bmack   there should be no VPN settings, unless it was a typo and you meant APN

are these couple lines like this?  (port 8700 and not 80)

MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc
MMS Proxy: mmscproxy.mobility.ca
MMS Port: 8799

Bmack

I tried inputting same settings from old phone that sim worked in and lost data completely so rest to original settings.    I still get message that "NETWORK ERROR OCCURED"  when I try to download pictures sent to me.  It seems the same regardless of tried changes in VPN settings.  Must be port 80 though.  My morning is shot so going to try again this evening.

HI @Bmack, when things work perfectly, the APN settings can come down from the network automatically. 

But sometimes, we need to give a "kick" by using Reset Network settings, then the APN settings will come down 

In other cases, people need to manually change some settings there .  Some even needs to start a new APN and enter all the entries.    🙂

Then can you match the APN settings from the old phone? (Or did you before?) I would see no reason why the A12 would not do MMS. But stranger things happen.

Bmack

I put my sim in my old phone and it worked perfect immediately with no apn setting changes needed.  Wonder what that is telling me?

How about another image of your APN settings. And you're still able to browse pages on the internet (not on wifi)?

Bmack

When I try to send pic it just keeps spinning and right now waiting on receiving a new photo.  I have tried opening different pics from different contacts I already had.  My mobile data is always on and I keep resetting it just in case.  Going to try sim card in another phone which I will have available very shortly. 

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

You had earlier said you couldn't send. Can you try sending an MMS and see what happens. Also try a new inbound as a test. Maybe there's something wrong with the one you're trying to get.

Adding - as always, mobile data on.

Bmack

Again no change. Grrrrr.

Ok, try

MMS Proxy = mmscproxy.mobility.ca

MMS port = 8799

Save, airplane mode on/off, turn on data 🙂 , test.

Bmack

Thx for advice but no change.  

For APN type, put in -> default,mms,supl <- no spaces. Save, go in and out of airplane mode, test.

Bmack

20220830_094823.jpg20220830_094809.jpg

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Did you turn on data before tapping the item?

Can you provide an image of your APN  settings.

Need Help? Let's chat.