cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot receive calls

nelik09
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

As of this morning I am unable to receive any calls.  People who call me go directly to my voice mail.  I am able to make calls and text, however do not receive any calls.

11 REPLIES 11

@dnorth98  glad it is working again.

honest, if 3 of you all got the issue, it sounds to me that it's a outage in your area.    Anyway, it is working now  🙂

dnorth98
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Data is indeed working....and texts and voice are now working.  Very strange.  It was def out for the day.

@dnorth98  is data working ?  If so, try to change the network to 3G only and see how it goes.

dnorth98
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Exactly the same issue here.  3 of us in our house (Ottawa) have PM and all 3 of us cannot receive calls or texts as of this morning.

2 are on iphone 12

1 is on Android (pixel 4)

I thought it was just me but the other 2 now tell me they have had the same problem all day too.  I don't see any outages on Telus but something is going on...

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@nelik09  you might want to try reseat your SIM (power down, take sim out and wait a minute or two before putting it back and power up)

Anonymous
Not applicable

@nelik09 

do you get a new number ! 

or do you did porting your old number to Public Mobile. do you receive SMS from your old carrier asking to confirm if you would like to port your number. Your reply should be: YES.

do you did that....

if you stuck with Transferring your old Phone Number,to PM,

you have to Contact Customer Support Agent by  , 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@nelik09 

can you try it selecting the network to "3G ONLY"

for iPhone visit Here link 

or Here link 

for android visit Here link ,

do one thing Make sure your phone is off before removing your SIM card,

and do rebooting your phone take your SIM card out and waiting for a 2 minute and put it back and turn on -This one is quick and simple.

what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

or can you do try reseat the SIM card

1. power off your device

2. take out the SIM card,

3. wipe it clean SIM card,

4. put it back and power on,

5. toggling airplane mode off/on,  

and do again Rebooting your phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

and if still not fix it please you Have To Submit a Ticket To Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,

Explain your issue to Contact Customer Support Agent by  ,
they can solve your issue, they are nice service Team the will help you 100%.

Here’s How To Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, and Submit a Ticket 

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,Click Here link to get started.

• or you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here link
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• please include in your message,
  • your account number, 
  • your phone number,
  • your account 4 digit pin,
  • your Email address,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
    Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@nelik09 

There are outages. Are you in any of these areas?

37FBCAC4-DD8A-415B-8DF4-584AE4271344.jpeg

Tav
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

My phone was doing the same thing this morning and this afternoon.

Missed an important call.

Texts coming in are also very delayed and my voicemail notification is very delayed.

A friend of mine was saying that people with other providers were having issues as well.

Are you by any chance in NL?

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@nelik09 wrote:

As of this morning I am unable to receive any calls.  People who call me go directly to my voice mail.  I am able to make calls and text, however do not receive any calls.

Try the following:

1. See if there are any updates for your phone.

2. Reset network settings and reboot.

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

Are you new and did you ask for a number port?  That would mean the port isn't complete. If you're not a new customer, did to try a phone restart?

Need Help? Let's chat.