cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot reach voicemail

Caltor
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Good day everyone

I have this issue where I just changed my phone from an iPhone to a Pixel. Before, everything worked fine, but now, since I got the new phone, I'm unable to reach my voicemail. When I dial the number (and I've try several number several times) it just say call ended right away. I use a Pixel 4XL with graphenOS (Android 11). Does anybody had any issues like this? Thanks

14 REPLIES 14

@Caltor   whichever way fixed your issue,  important thing is you have no problem with your VM now.   thanks for coming back for your feedback.

@Caltor wrote:

Since I did both, I don't know what fixed it though.

EH! You should keep track after each intervention... That might help somebody else in the future...

Caltor

I did both tips (cleared cache and network reset) and it worked. I can now call my voicemail from the mobile. Since I did both, I don't know what fixed it though. Anyhow, thanks a lot for the support. 🙂

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Caltor wrote:

Good day everyone

I have this issue where I just changed my phone from an iPhone to a Pixel. Before, everything worked fine, but now, since I got the new phone, I'm unable to reach my voicemail. When I dial the number (and I've try several number several times) it just say call ended right away. I use a Pixel 4XL with graphenOS (Android 11). Does anybody had any issues like this? Thanks

@Caltor  - try below:

Press and hold the power button on your Pixel for 10-15 seconds.  Choose restart.

Clear Cache

1. Open the Settings app.
  2. Select Apps and Notifications.
  3. Press See All, then Phone.
  4. In the Phone tab, click Storage then Clear Cache.

Have you tried the Reset of the device's Network Settings as @Dunkman mentioned?

Pixel™, Phone by Google - Reset Network Settings
  1. From a Home screen, swipe up to display all apps.
  2. Navigate: Settings > System > Advanced .
  3. Tap Reset options.
  4. Tap Reset Wi-Fi, mobile & bluetooth then tap Reset Settings. If prompted, enter the current PIN, password or pattern.
  5. Tap Reset Settings to confirm.

@Caltor

I will tag @Nezgar , the voicemail expert on the forum  Might have more troubleshooting advice.  

Not a PM service issue, but you are right, likely a hardware/OS setup issue.  

@Caltor  try to post your question at Reddit/GrapheneOS, there are more Graphene users and experts there,  they might be able to help

https://www.reddit.com/r/GrapheneOS/&ved=2ahUKEwiJ-ePb4b3zAhV0MlkFHeLHAswQjjh6BAgGEAE&usg=AOvVaw3hU2...

Caltor

Thank you everyone for the answers, Unfortunately, none of that works. I managed to access my voicemail from an other device though. I believe it has to do with the OS i'm using. It an OS that push for more security so it is possible it blocks the access to voicemail.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Caltor 

you can try reseat the SIM card and Make sure your phone is off before removing your SIM card,

1. power off your device

2. take out the SIM card,

3. waiting a 1 minute,

4. put it back and power on,

5. toggling airplane mode off/on,  

and do again Rebooting your phone,

*what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

and make call to your number from your device,

Set up Voicemail,

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Caltor if you go into your Phone App, click 3 dots, Voice-mail, then voice-mail settings, do you see voicemail number settings that you can actually change number?  if so, you can update the voice-mail number.  choose any PM VM number from the link in previous post.

shimdog
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

On Android I never dial a specific number for voicemail. I just go to the phone app -> voicemail -> call voicemail. Give that a try if you haven't already.

@Caltor wrote:

Thanks for the reply. However, the holding 1 button or calling my own number using my phone does the same (call ended right away). As for using a land line or another phone, I'll try, but it won't solve the problem. I need to access voicemail from this mobile phone. I may not have access to other phone or landline.

@Caltor 

It is likely a setup issue with your new phone.  You new phone needs to call one of PM's voicemail access numbers.  Try to reboots / network settings reset of phone.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Using-Your-Service/Updated-list-of-Voicemail-Access-N...

Try calling one of these numbers from above link. 

On Android, you might be able to check and change your voicemail access number in the phone app under Settings, Voicemail, Setup, and edit the voicemail number from there.

Caltor

Thanks for the reply. However, the holding 1 button or calling my own number using my phone does the same (call ended right away). As for using a land line or another phone, I'll try, but it won't solve the problem. I need to access voicemail from this mobile phone. I may not have access to other phone or landline.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

To access voicemail messages from your mobile device, hold down the ‘1’ key on your phone keypad. You can also access your voicemail from a landline or any other phone line, by dialing your 10-digit phone number, selecting ‘Send’ or ‘Call’ and then pressing ‘*’ to skip the system greeting.

Try rebooting your phone.  If you have another phone then try swapping the sim.

Need Help? Let's chat.