Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot purchase add-on

parruda
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi there,

I am trying to buy 200MB of data, but it keeps saying:

Unable to process this transaction. 
Sorry, we are unable to verify your credit card information, so this transaction could not be completed. Your credit card has not been charged.

Would someone be able to take a look? My plan auto-renews on the 26th and I am afraid the renewal won't work because of this issue.

Thanks a lot!

13 REPLIES 13

parruda

No luck 😞

I will contact the moderators.

parruda

Hey, so I have been with PM for 3 cycles so far. Paid with my CC since day one.

I will try clearing the cookies. 

@parruda If William's suggestion fails best contact the moderators. 

Click this: message to moderators to send a private message to the moderator team with your phone number, PIN, and an explanation.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

GreatCanadian
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@parruda, how long have you been with public mobile? If you've been here for only one cycle, and paid your initial plan in vouchers or another card, and THEN registered for Autopay, it's possible that the card information is entered wrong. I have my doubts about this because I'm thinking that it should have been rejected if details were incorrect. But it's a remote possibility.

GC

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@parruda, I suggest trying the process with a different browser or try clearing browser cache.  If the credit card is still on file in the account, the first step in the add on purchase process would require you to add funds to the account equal to the amount required to buy the add on.  The second step would be to use the available account funds to pay for the add on.  Unfortunately, it is a two set process for add on purchases; only account funds can be applied to the purchase.

parruda

Just got off the phone with the bank and they said the card is good, and they don't even see an attempt to charge it. What should I do?

parruda

I am on the phone with the bank now to see if they can tell me why this is being declined. Will update you shortly.

GreatCanadian

@parruda@CS_Agent - should he do that now or should he contact the mods first?

GC

parruda

Just tried and it told me to check my credit card. Then I checked with the bank and my CC is fine. I will try to re-add my credit card now.

GreatCanadian

Let us know if 611 works out. If it does, I don't know why it would be rejected in self-serve. More knowledgeable users will perhaps chime in on that. Good luck!!

GC

parruda

Hey there, thanks for the quick response!

The credit card is good, and the same I used for the autopay. In fact, PM had it saved so I didn't even have to type it again.

I will try 611 now.

Thanks!

GreatCanadian

Have you recently changed the credit card that you initially had registered with Public Mobile?

The credit card that you are using to purchase the add-on; is it the same one you have registered for Autopay?

GC

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@parruda First, check if your credit card is in good standing and currently working. If yes, try purchasing an add-on by dialing 611. 

Need Help? Let's chat.