cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot make or receive calls

ErikaEToth
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@CS_Agent I paid for US Roaming but am unable to make or receive calls. I’m in the States right now completely without phone service despite paying for the 15-day roaming package. Please help! Thank you!!

8 REPLIES 8

ErikaEToth

Hi DennyCrane,

I’ve switched networks from AT&T to T-Mobile, and the phone calls work now! Thanks so much for your info and suggestions though - I really appreciate it!

ErikaEToth

Thank you so much, @hTideGnow! I manually changed the network to T-Mobile, and can now make and receive calls!!!

@ErikaEToth The US started shutting their 3G networks down in February 2022. Mine was fine in June 2022, but when I went in November 2022 i had no service for phone calls. It's location and roaming partner dependent though. By spring 2023 PM started rolling out VoLTE, but only to select devices; your phone unfortunately is not on their approved list, so unless you can find a 2G service to connect to, you won't be able to make phone calls.

When was the last time you were there and were able to make calls?

HI @ErikaEToth  as long as your phone is VoLTE compatible with AT&T or T-Mobile, voice calls should work (the VoLTE compatbility or not with PM wont' affect roaming)

But try to manual connect to T-Mobile network and see if voice calls work.  If not, use VoIP app TextNow as workaround

ErikaEToth

This is the first time I am having issues with making and receiving phone calls in the US. When was this change made?

@ErikaEToth Unfortunately your phone is not VoLTE compatible with PM, so you might be out of luck for phone calls. You could try to force your phone into 2G, but failing that you won't be able to make phone calls.

ErikaEToth

Hi DennyCrane,

I bought Calls, Texts, and Data. I seem to be OK with texts and data, but cannot send/receive calls. My phone automatically connected to AT&T. It’s an iPhone 7 Plus.

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

What add-on did you buy? Just calls? Calls and texts? Calls, texts, and data? Do texts and data work?

What phone do you have? The US no longer has a 3G network, so it's important that you have VoLTE to be able to make phone calls. Knowing what phone you have will help determine whether you have VoLTE or not.

Also are you able to connect manually to T-Mobile?

Need Help? Let's chat.