cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot connect

TheresaK
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Signed up to Public Mobile and I went into Networks and it says that I am connected but still cannot get service! Help!

22 REPLIES 22

If you are having trouble with your services, the next step is to contact a moderator. Here is the link to create a ticket through SIMon:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help -> Click on Chat with Simon on the line "ask me something" write "moderator" -> then click on "account specific question" -> afterward click on "no, I want a human" -> finally you will see an answer "submit a ticket Click me!"

TheresaK

How do I contact them?

@TheresaK  Have you messaged the moderators?

TheresaK

Updated phone and that didn't work either.

TheresaK

Trying this now.

@TheresaK wrote:

This didn't work either. Oh my!

Are you referring to not being able to use the SIM card in a different phone?  If that is the case, it is likely the account set up failed in some way.  To address this kind of issue you will need moderator team support.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using this link.  Please include a detailed description of the issue and the required resolution. This will speed up problem resolution significantly. Refer to the following knowledge base link for additional information on contacting the moderator team.

TheresaK

This didn't work either. Oh my!

@TheresaK wrote:

Yes, it says no network connection.

This could be an account related problem.  Can you try the SIM card on a different phone to confirm the account is functional.

@TheresaK   Check your phone for any software updates. Do you have access to WiFi?

Update software versions
  • On the keypad, press OK.
  • Scroll and select Settings.
  • Scroll to the right under Device.
  • Select Device Information.
  • Select Update phone.
  • Select Update Firmware. If prompted, select a Wi-Fi network.

TheresaK

Yes, it says no network connection.

@TheresaK  What happens when you dial *611 from your phone?

@TheresaK  If airplane mode doesn't reconnect you then try resetting your network setting:

1. From the home screen, Press the Call key.
  2. Press Dialer.
  3. Dial ##72786#.

Note: The Final # may not display.

4. Press YES. The handset will restart.
  5. The phone will restart and Hands Free Activation will begin.

@TheresaK  Try turning airplane mode on. Wait 5 min. Turn off. Try to makes a call.

@TheresaK wrote:

Yes, I have calling but won't work. The model is Alcatel model 4044V

This model?  This phone is compatible on 3G.  So you should have no problems with calling.  Do you see a signal strength indicator with possibly a 3G symbol on the notification bar?  Would it be possible to post a screen cap or two?  It doesn't make sense why the phone would indicate a connection but phone call won't work.  For data it is a little more involved with making sure the APN settings are correct.  

https://ca.alcatelmobile.com/alcatel-go-flip/

TheresaK

Yes, I have calling but won't work. The model is Alcatel model 4044V

@TheresaK wrote:

I have a alcatel phone, model number 4044V. When I go into the setting, then carriers, it shows Public Mobile and it says connected.

Does the notification bar show connection with signal strength indicator?

TheresaK

Rebooted my phone several times and still never worked, it just keeps searching but nothing. It shows that I am connected to public mobile when I go into the carriers but still not working.

@TheresaK  Do you have any services? Text, calling, data? And as @will13am mentioned what's the make and model of your phone?

TheresaK

No, I picked a number from Public Mobile.

TheresaK

I have a alcatel phone, model number 4044V. When I go into the setting, then carriers, it shows Public Mobile and it says connected.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@TheresaK  Try rebooting your phone first. Does public mobile appear at the top right of your phone screen? If not go to your network settings and choose public mobile if it appears.

Did you pick a new number or port in your own number?

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@TheresaK , after activation what does your self serve account look like?  Does it show active status with the correct plan loaded in the account?  What phone are you using?  I am not sure what you mean by checking networks for connection?  

Need Help? Let's chat.