cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot change the SIM, as I cannot login to the account due to 2FA

IvanI
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

Somebody did not think this through... My son lost his SIM while on a trip (and has no App loaded to his phone). I got him a replacement SIM, but to login to his profile on a computer, a 2-factor-authentication is now required, which either texts or sends by voice a code to his phone, which he is unable to receive without a SIM. So, please explain how to register his replacement SIM now?

Regards,
Ivan

6 REPLIES 6

IvanI

Yes, that was the ultimate solution but it took a while (through various Q/A) and required 2 phone reboots to get the original phone number finally working on the device.

Thanks! Please test why the 2FA code could not had been sent to any email as an alternative, as this is required for this use case.

Priority
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

You can have the Customer Support Agent manually update the SIM Card from the backend if you message them Privately on Tve Communtiy. 

Provide your Account Details + New SIM Card Number and with a few questions they can have it updated for you. 

You'll than be able to recieve the code to login, which is only sent via SMS for first time logging in since the switch to EverSafe ID. Therefore, after you get signed in using SMS code for the first time.. moving forward whenever you press 'Didn't get the Code' there will be an option to have it sent to your email.

This is why it's important to log into your account every few months. 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@IvanI 

If you click on Resend Code a few times, you will have the option to send the 2FA code by email, text or call.

Then go to your Profile section and click on Change SIM card number.

If you still can’t login then you need the assistance of a CS_Agent to help you access your account. Private message an agent:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

@IvanI  Please submit ticket with support to help you regain access 

private message   To CS_Agents click          

VVVVV      Link below    VVVVV

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

IvanI

I tried sending a code a few times, but I never get a prompt to send it to my son's email. Instead a new registration login page shows up, with the phone number instead of user ID and password prompt. It seems to follow the workflow of the new registration afterwards...

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@IvanI  Try talking resend code a few times . This should give option to send code to email instead . Once logged into your account on profile page just SIM card swap the number like this . Or you can get supper to help you do so 

SIM  SWAPPING  profile tabs

Handy1_0-1691790824369.png

Note only do this on lap top or computer/ not mobile device

link to support 

private message   To CS_Agents click          

VVVVV      Link below    VVVVV

Need Help? Let's chat.