cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot change Credit Card payment Method from Tangerine MC to Captial One MC

Cameronghunter2
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello!
I am attempting to change my CC information, but consistently receiving an error to try again later.
Bot my card prior and my current card are Mastercards, my new one is Captial One and my old joint one is Tangerine.

Has anyone had issues with this themselves?
My capital one works on all other payments I have changed it too so far. 

Thanks

24 REPLIES 24

Cameronghunter2

Yeah and it does not work for me sadly!
Seems others are also having a similar issue?

@Cameronghunter2 wrote:

Good to know, I have tried all the above as well, I do not even have the option to edit, it just prompts me for a new card.  I haven't recieved any resolution and if that is the case my payment will not work come the next pay-period and I will not be able to continue with my use of Public Mobile. 

Did you ever get the card changed?

HI @Cameronghunter2 

having the add new option is correct, it really not an edit but you need to reenter everything

Cameronghunter2

Good to know, I have tried all the above as well, I do not even have the option to edit, it just prompts me for a new card.  I haven't recieved any resolution and if that is the case my payment will not work come the next pay-period and I will not be able to continue with my use of Public Mobile. 

Did you ever get the card changed?

deiselsmoogie
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

the site allows you to edit existing cards, not add a new one. I have tried 3 devices , chat bot and acs agent, until they realize that the option to add a card is missing there is nothing a customer can do, there is a flaw, bug, error, what ever you call it, on the web site.

Cameronghunter2

It is not suspended, I need to change the card due to personal reasons.
It will be suspended on the 30th of this month.
I already did but they have not got back to me at all.
I will submit another request

HI @Cameronghunter2 

is your account suspended at the moment? you can buy a voucher from Shoppers drug mart and load the voucher via *611 if you need the service back working 

I think you need to work with support on your problem.  You have open ticket with them yet? If not, submit a ticket with them:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Cameronghunter2

I did not, still having the same issues myself as well. 

Cameronghunter2

So far all the tips I have received are not working. 
Address is updated
Name and Postal Code is correct
Waited 12+ Hours
Tried many browsers, Incognito, and standard, and cleared cookies and history/cache
Tried the phone application
Tried a 3rd card out of curiosity
Reached out to support, reached out here as well

I cannot update or change my card so if I cannot get this to work I will need to make other changes by the end of the month (New Provider who I can actually pay for their services I suppose?)
I haven't heard back from anyone on the support side either.
Before the website changes, I had no issues with this as they had options to remove and add cards rather than just updating the subscription card.
If anyone has any other tips let me know

HI @deiselsmoogie  I hope @Cameronghunter2 already got the new card updated

so, you have trouble with adding card, too?

deiselsmoogie

there is no way to add a new card. I believe they are trying to remove customer's so that they can close down, why else would you not allow your customer's to make payment

deiselsmoogie

it only allows you to  change existing card you need to add a new card and remove old card, they do not have this function available, so it will only give error messages, our card was lost, I used points to pay in hopes they notice and fix as there is no way to inform them  

Cameronghunter2

Did try that!
Still the same issue as before, going to wait a few hours and retry since I updated my account address

Cameronghunter2

Just updated that!
Tried again, still failed.

will wait a few hours and try again later

Cameronghunter2

Checked that just now, it was different so I will try again later tonight since I have updated it 

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hey @Cameronghunter2 

Here's how you can change it on the app on your phone.

How to change credit card on phone app

Download the app from the app store if you already haven’t.

Sign into your app.

When your app opens you’ll be in the My Account tab. You will see a plus button at the bottom left above the My Account tab. Click on it.

KennethJAdams_0-1692222937248.png

Once you’ve clicked on it, go to Payments

KennethJAdams_1-1692222937166.png

The next screen you’ll want to click on Manage Subscription.

KennethJAdams_2-1692222937219.png

The next screen will give you the option to change your credit card information when you click on Manage Payment Method.

KennethJAdams_3-1692222937239.png

There you will be able to enter a new credit card and expiry date. Click on Save and you're good to go.

@Cameronghunter2 

did you check the Address and postal code on the profile page (click on the pencil besides the Account name) and confirm if the name, address matches what on the credit card.  We believe it is not related, but there was a post saying he updated the address to match and it works after

Cameronghunter2

Heads up, Same issue.
If they can at least remove my current payment method then that would hopefully help, I can then try adding it fresh.
Hopefully they can help in some form without the CC info

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Wait about an hour and try again. Twice. The system doesn't like more than 2 attempts. Then you wait another hour if you do. Make sure the postal code is the same as the billing address.

Cameronghunter2

I will also try that in the mean time, Thanks for the tip 

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hey @Cameronghunter2 

I don't think customer service will be able to assist as they can't take your credit card info through the chat. Plus I'd never want to share that info with an unknown person either.

I suggest download the PM app to your phone and try there. Might be a better option.

Cameronghunter2

Okay I have done so!
Will report back here on the solution.

Thanks

JRod
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I think if it’s still giving you problems your best bet is to reach out to a customer service representative who can remove the payment method for you. 

The below link will allow you to private message a customer support agent directly in order to get a response

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Keep an eye on your mailbox here as that is where your reply will come in. 

Cameronghunter2

Hey There!
I have tried multiple browsers in incognito and standard browsers, but the same response.
Seems the options to remove a payment method are also gone with this new site layout.

JRod
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I know the website can be finicky at times. Have you tried clearing the browser data (cookies, cache, etc) or an incognito window and then trying again? 

Need Help? Let's chat.