cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot call out or receive calls

Fantuz
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Here in Ottawa my texting is fine but cannot make any outgoing calls and cannot receive incoming. My friend also lives in Ottawa and is on the Telus network and he is having the exact same problem. This is the first time I have experienced this. No announcements online that I can find.

9 REPLIES 9

Fantuz

Yes, my inbound/outbound calling resumed last night around 5pm. So it was only down for one day.

@DHSmith1000 wrote:

My sister had the same issue and after 2 days has gone back to Rogers. In the New Enborough area. No response from PM but store guy said Ottawa bad but Barrhaven OK.

@DHSmith1000   I do not agree Telus or PM has bad coverage in the Ottawa area, probably the sales just try to make close a deal and swing her to another provider

For lack of reply, it is possible.  But usually you open a second ticket and it will work quicker

For the $1, no worry, you are still on the old rewards system, ask another friend to join

BorisDoris
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@DHSmith1000 wrote:

there goes my $1/month referral credit, after 2+ years of good service

Some people demand too much from life. As long all is good, no problem; simple little fault and it is end of world. Same as bad managers...

DHSmith1000
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My sister had the same issue and after 2 days has gone back to Rogers. In the New Enborough area. No response from PM but store guy said Ottawa bad but Barrhaven OK.

there goes my $1/month referral credit, after 2+ years of good service

JL9
Mayor / Maire

If it is an outage in that area they are usually quick to get the network back up and running, hopefully that is the case for the both of you. Keep us updated 

@Fantuz wrote:

Thanks, Yummy. I checked the link you sent me. It says there is an outage in Sherbrooke, Quebec. Not sure how that would affect my connections, what do you think?

I do not know if Every single outage is reported. It could be a 'small one' 🙂 so they do not bother to list it. Or they are not aware of it...

Fantuz

Thanks, Yummy. I checked the link you sent me. It says there is an outage in Sherbrooke, Quebec. Not sure how that would affect my connections, what do you think?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Fantuz   Look like there is network issue there.

Telus confirmed that  Sherbrooke, Quebec has outage , but so far no words about Ottawa

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

If both of you experience issue with Telus network, maybe it is temporary down.

You can check it here: https://www.telus.com/en/nt/outages?linktype=ge-footer

Need Help? Let's chat.