cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot activate voicemail greeting

angetheridge
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello PM Community:

I have been trying for a while to get my voicemail greeting set up.  I go through the process and 'activate' a greeting and the system says the greeting is active, but it's not.  I've tried this a bunch of different ways in including reinstall of esim and restarting the device.

I am receiving voicemails, so it's working that way, it's just the greeting that is not working.

Has anyone had a similar problem?  Ideas to fix?

Thank you in advance

4 REPLIES 4

@angetheridge Don't feel silly, you're far from alone!  If people were even aware of Live Voicemail they still might not expect it to be turned on by default when they update ios.

angetheridge
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you @Phil_Adelphus !!  I feel a bit silly right now, that was totally the problem / solution. 

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@angetheridge  This would only apply if you have an iPhone running ios17 but if that's the case Live Voicemail can be the issue as it intercepts calls before they get to the carrier voicemail and has its own generic Apple greeting.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

You have to set up voice mail using your mobile phone. This very first time has to be done using mobile phone.

After initial set up any other phone can be used to change settings. Sometimes some options are not easy to navigate but eventually you will be able to set it all to your liking.

Need Help? Let's chat.