cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot access my email under my account

Carolineds95
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I was unable to change my email under my account, I cannot access that email at all,  and now it's asking me to verify the account with said email. What can I do?? 

4 REPLIES 4

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Carolineds95 

Consider these options as well as the normal preferred contact method provided by @Dunkman  that works for most people but not for me...lol...anyways you can submit a private message instead of or in addition to submitting a support request. Include your ticket reference # if applicable in your private message. You are able to include additional info in a private message like your new email address. 

While there is no official customer support during the hours of 10pm eastern and 6am eastern there are usually a couple of late night CSA's working and monitoring the community. Surprisingly I have recieved a fair amount of customer support overnight based (I believe) on whether you are seen to be online and the nature of your request. 

If the request is simple and you include all of the necessary info for the CSA to perform the request without needing to contact you like renewing your plan early and providing the verification info for your account and topping up the account balance to pay for the early plan renewal makes it an easy request for the CSA to perform. In your case providkng tbat same info and the new email and staying online for at least an hour after sending the message to allow for the possibility of a CSA reaching out to ask you for the additional verifiers needed when changing the email. This way if not completed immediately it nay be by the time you get up in the morning.

If you skip my rant in this post and just read and follow the instructions in the spoiler contained within it gives you all of possible info you can include to speed up the processing of your support request.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Get-Support-Contact-Customer-Support/td-p...

Alternatively you can always pay by voucher via the 611/IVR system or by calling 1 855 4PUBLIC and enter your 12 digit phone #. More info on pm vouchers can be read about here....

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Can-t-Make-a-Payment-or-Update-Your-Card-...

@Carolineds95 

You're welcome. 

If you need to activate your account right away, if you have a credit card registered for pre-authorized payments, you could try calling 611 on your phone and load up funds to your account that way.  Or purchase a payment voucher and load up the funds to get your plan going.  Vouchers can be bought in store or online (recharge.com - service fee applies)

Here is some more info:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/611-IVR-Menu-System/m-p/289352

Otherwise, you will need to wait for CSA response.  

Carolineds95
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you! my plan expired last night, and because I can't access my past email I can't confirm that I am the owner of the account, hence can't even log in at the current moment.. Trying to chat with a service agent through the ticket! will wait til the AM. 

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Carolineds95 

If you need to change your email address to login into My account, you will need to contact customer service agent.  Can you get 2FA text sent to your phone instead of email address?  

You will need to contact customer service agent (CSA):

Submit a ticket for CSA help. 

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/chatbot 

Type: I can't login.  

Follow the prompts to submit ticket.  

CSA may ask a few questions to verify account ownership and then should be able to help you. Response times can take a few hours.  Check your private message inbox (envelope in upper right corner of website).  CSAs are not working at this time of night, so you will likely need to wait to tomorrow morning for response.  

Need Help? Let's chat.