cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Receive Call from US

JacobSLamb
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello!

My fiancee travelling in the US cannot call my 825 -xxx-xxxx number. She is able to call my landline with ease and I can even call her but she gets an automated rejection message when she attempts to call my public mobile cell.

Please help! What can we do?

Thanks,

Jacob

7 REPLIES 7

@JacobSLamb wrote:

2 - She is using an American provider, I don't know which. I'll ask her to follow up thanks!

This means that there is routing or billing system issue at the other provider.  Only her provider can fix this.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@JacobSLamb wrote:

1 - Yes. All Canadian calls have come to through fine to my 825 number.

2 - She is using an American provider, I don't know which. I'll ask her to follow up thanks!

3 - Yes, she has it as +1 (825) xxx xxxx etc. I can call her fine but she cannot call me.

4 - My landline is a regular 403 area code.

Thanks for all of your replies. 🙂

I think popping has it. If it's a new area code then the provider she's using may not know yet that it's a valid area code and how to get to it.

If you can find another 825 number like some kind of business maybe and have her try that too then it would prove it.

JacobSLamb
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

1 - Yes. All Canadian calls have come to through fine to my 825 number.

3 - Yes, she has it as +1 (825) xxx xxxx etc. I can call her fine but she cannot call me.

4 - My landline is a regular 403 area code.

Thanks for all of your replies. 🙂

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@JacobSLamb 

825 is a new area code for Alberta. 

The local US switching equipment may not be setup for the 825 area code. 

Is your landline also has the 825 area code?

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@JacobSLambCan your fiancee try to type out your full phone number 1825xxxxxxx? Just in case she stored your phone number in a way that doesn't dial correctly in the US.

@JacobSLamb wrote:

Hello!

My fiancee travelling in the US cannot call my 825 -xxx-xxxx number. She is able to call my landline with ease and I can even call her but she gets an automated rejection message when she attempts to call my public mobile cell.

Thanks,

Jacob

Is your fiancee using a Public Mobile phone or another carrier's service?  If she is using another carrier, she needs to contact them as they likely are not realizing that your number is a Canadian number.  If she is using her Public Mobile service with a roaming package in the U.S., you'll probably have to take this up with the moderators.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@JacobSLamb wrote:

Hello!

Thanks,

Jacob

Can you call the 825 from your landline yourself?

Need Help? Let's chat.