cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Connect to Network

LivyBug
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi there, I've got my new sim card in, and it recogizes the carrier but won't connect to the network.  I have an iphone 11.  I have restarted the phone, not locked, auto-connect to network.  Tried it in another phone and won't work there either.  

Also cannot access help, the link to set up a ticket is broken in two different browers.  I'm new and frustrated. 

11 REPLIES 11

LivyBug

I've had contact from the email team and had my account reprovisioned and now have a cell phone.  Thanks for all the help. 

LivyBug

Hi, thanks for responding,  Yes that is where I am looking and not getting a response.   When I tried to open the ticket link, it breaks and doesn't work for me.  

@LivyBug   Did you check the Community inbox?  CS Agent reply there and NOT via email

E-Community_Inbox.png

If there is really no reply in the Community inbox there, don't hesitate to open another ticket or message them again

LivyBug

I tried sending a message yesterday after you suggested and still have not received a response. 

LivyBug

Thank you for your help. 

LivyBug

It says no service. I have tried putting it back in about 2 times and tried with my Mom's phone, it doesn't work in hers either.  I tried turning it off and popping it out and then turning it back on again as suggested.  It reads No Service.

Thanks for helping btw. 

@LivyBug 

Some more answers for Softtech questions would be helpful. 

If you tried SIM card in another phone, that means likely a PM Service issue (versus hardware setup issue)

Maybe an account provision issue.

If submitting a ticket not working, you can send a private message:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

CSA may ask a few questions to verify account ownership and then should be able to help you. Response times can take a few hours.  Check your private message inbox (envelope in upper right corner of website).  

@LivyBug 

Sounds like you did everything right but did you power off the phone before putting the SIM into the phone?

Try holding down the power button then wait 2 minutes and power the phone back on.

@LivyBug what is the message on the phone status screen?  No SIM?  No Network?  SIM not provisioned?

try to reseat the sim once and see how it goes.  Power off the phone, take the sim out for a minute and power it back on

If you have another phone around, try to put the PM sim in the second phone and see if it works there

LivyBug

Yes, the account was just activated about an hour ago online.  I signed up for a new number with PM.  No issues with activation, seems to be the sim card not accessing the network.  And yes credit card was charged.  

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@LivyBug 

Sorry to hear about your troubles.  More details would be helpful.

Did you just activate a new account?  With new PM number or did you port over a number?

Any issues wth activation? Was your credit card charged? More details, the better. 

Thanks

Need Help? Let's chat.