cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelling account and refund

rikiz
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Good afternoon, I would like to cancel my current subscription and as I was charged today I was wondering if that would be possible to get a refund for that amount! Let me know please!

17 REPLIES 17

rikiz

I was able to see the plan now! It's only for new activations though. Thanks again for all your help 🙂

Andy85
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@rikiz which plan are you referring to? We all have access to the same plans. The prices that @hTideGnow  and I were stating were the prices prior to reward discounts.

rikiz

Oh I know that Andy, I've been a customer for a while, I just didn't see that particular plan you were referring too, but it might just be for you with all your referral bonuses!

Thanks anyways 

Andy85

You can change your Public Mobile plan at any time if you aren't satisfied with your current on. You simply need to log into your account, click on <Subscriptions and Add-Ons> and then select "Change Subscription". From there, you will be able to take advantage of Public Mobile's Black Friday deals along with all other plans offered. Additionally, you will not lose any of the rewards/points you have accumulated along the way!

rikiz

How do I get this one?

Andy85

@rikiz  Yeah, go with what you think is best for you and/or your family. If there is a fairly similar plan at Public Mobile though, don't forget that you accumulate points/rewards which allow you to lower your bill. That's something that competitors can never match 😉

rikiz

I totally agree, if I needed that much data I would be all over it too haha! This is the exact same offer that Koodo offered me earlier today when I phoned. I believe Virigin started it, then Koodo, now PM is joining!

Andy85

@hTideGnow wrote:

HI @rikiz  Sory, PM won't match.  it is always whatever available 

now, the best is $34 - 40GB 5G

but if you want cheaper plan, they are the same, $25-1GB or $15-250MB

Those deals some good value-deals if you ask me! If you are in Quebec, for an extra dollar, you can upgrade to the $26-3GB plan.

For all Canadians, the $29-6GB is a good option for someone who doesn't want to dip into the $30 price range but wants more than 1 gig of internet. It's the plan that doesn't get enough recognition 🙂 

rikiz

I'll tell you the offer if you use my referral link 😉

I'm kidding ofcourse, it is 3gb of 4g for 20 dollars a month.

I currently have the 25 for 1gb with public mobile for 25 dollars a month.

HI @rikiz  Sory, PM won't match.  it is always whatever available 

now, the best is $34 - 40GB 5G

but if you want cheaper plan, they are the same, $25-1GB or $15-250MB

Andy85

@rikiz What was the offer if you don't mind me asking?

rikiz

this is good to know, Koodo offered a great rate but I didn't need that much data! I would prefer if they match so I can stay with Public!

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @rikiz  are you trying to port out? if you are, you need the active active anyway

yes, PM is prepaid and we saw cases like this, they hold they line.

But if you are porting into Koodo or Telus, usually Koodo and Telus can give a one time credit accordingly

rikiz

I guess the real question and more likely scenario is if they match the offer of lucky 🤞

@rikiz as they have said numerous times  no refunds especially if you want to cancel and leave. That being said, you never know try your luck with an agent. Send them a message and see.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

rikiz

Hey Andy, I thought this was the case, I thought maybe because it was paid for today I would have a chance, if public could match the offer I would love to stick around too! I love the connection I have here! 

I would love to contact support directly to have a conversation with them, if I lose 1 months worth I would just wait it out until the end though! I don't believe the deal I am gunning for is just for black Friday luckily!

Andy85

Hi @rikiz ,

Public mobile is a pre-paid service. Essentially, you paid for 30 to 90 days worth of cellphone service. It might be best to stick around until the end of that service cycle to get the most of your payment. From what I heard, Public Mobile rarely offers refunds for this reason. 

That said, if you find an offer too good to refuse from a competitor, that's something you need to weigh out. Maybe it might be worth switching carriers despite the fact that you may still lose out on the money you just paid for the pre-paid service. Black Friday deals are of limited duration!

Need Help? Let's chat.