cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancellation

anotatesid
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, my current subscription renewal shows this message. "Subscription will renew on Nov 27, 2023." In case I cancel the subscription on Nov 26, 2023 I hope I still have till Nov 27, 2023 11:59 PM EST (midnight) to port out my 

7 REPLIES 7

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

I haven't heard anything different for quite a while so perhaps the system has settled on 12:01am eastern of the second date. (note eastern)
Turning off subscription is really just the autopay. If you have a balance then the plan would renew. If no balance then it would not renew.

@anotatesid 

there are two different ways of PM showing cycle dates , different account different ways and that was confusing

to best answer your question, can you login My Account, go to transaction log and tell us which date PM last charged you?  Then we can answer your question correctly

But as I said above, Do not wait till last day to port out.  There could be porting problem here or with you new carrier, best to start the porting around Nov 22.  You might loss couple days, but you don't have to worry about pay a full month if any issues

mojorising
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

If you port out before that date there will be no charges, but if you want peace of mind, disable auto subscription.

anotatesid
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

So, will PM charge my Credit Card on 27 Nov at 11:59 PM (midnight) or 26 Nov at 12:01 AM.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @anotatesid 

remember you need an active account to port out, so, you need to port out before Nov 27., but I would not wait till the last day, in case system issue.  I suggest to port out around Nov 22 to give couple days just in case, also, drag it till the latest to use the service as much as possible on PM, remember, there is no partial refund here

mojorising
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Just disable your subscription and you won't be billed after November 27.

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@anotatesid  I would be inclined to port out a few days before renewal just in case there are any problems with the port that need sorting out.  Do not cancel your PM subscription before you make the port request and accept the authorization text with a YES, your PM account needs to be still active for the new provider to be able to acquire your number otherwise it may be lost.  Your PM account will automatically close once the number is ported out.

Need Help? Let's chat.