cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancellation of service.

Denman123
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Could you please cancel our services for both 506-xxx-xxxx and 506-xxx-xxxx.  We haven't used our service since Jan 25th and got billed for another month of service.  Cancelling your service and getting help is like pulling teeth and I have already changed supplier.  I would like to keep my numbers but I can't because the account number on your system is invalid on my new supplier.  Please help

8 REPLIES 8

@Denman123 wrote:

I am chatting with customer service now.  Been through this process before.  It's like I am not in control of a company taking money from my account.  Very frustrating 😞

But you are in complete control, @Denman123 , if you choose to take it.

All you need to do is log onto the self-serve account for each Public Mobile service and toggle the Subscription status to OFF, so that your payment card is no longer charged on each renewal date.  If you don't do this, there's no reasonable way for Public Mobile to know you no longer need the services here.

That's on YOU to do, not Public Mobile.

And even though you state you, "don't really care about the numbers", that's fine, however if you wish them to be the ones to use at your new provider, you must let them know and they'll arrange to get the numbers ported (moved) over from Public Mobile.  If they can't do that for you, they're not much of a mobile service provider.

So, to summarize, there's 2 issues here:

1. finalizing services with Public Mobile - that's on you to do through the self-serve site https://myaccount.publicmobile.ca/
  2. port numbers to new provider - that's on the new provider to do.

@Denman123 

that's our Public Mobile all right...kinda frustrating at times.

Denman123

I am chatting with customer service now.  Been through this process before.  It's like I am not in control of a company taking money from my account.  Very frustrating 😞

@Denman123 

to keep your number, you need an ACTIVE PM account in order to port to new supplier. When successfully ported, the PM account will automatically be deactivated. You can start the port process with your new cell supplier.

To ask PM Customer Support to remove all your credit card info, you should message them using the link previously supplied ( I'll include it here too). Give them as much account info as you can remember..ie phone #, account #, PM pin number, name etc.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@Denman123   I already gave you the link to contact customer service, they do not monitor this forum, you need to send a private message.  It's odd that your new supplier wasn't able to port the numbers, the onus is on the new provider to deal with the porting.

Denman123

I just want to stop getting billed and no longer be part of public mobile.  I don't really care about the numbers.  Can someone in customer service contact me and help me out?  Taking money out of my account when I don't use your service anymore is not acceptable.  And I did try my account numbers and tried them with my new supplier and it did not work.  

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Denman123 

Be sure to supply your new provider with your complete Public Mobile account numbers, and if you wish to retain that number with their services, they will need to port it over.  You're only job is to reply yes to the port authorization text once you receive it on your devices. You'll need to do that with your Public Mobile SIM card in your device.

After that Port is complete, your public mobile accounts and services will be terminated permanently.

To get your public mobile account number, log into self serve on each account and under the Profile tab it'll be available there. 

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@Denman123   If you cancel your service before the numbers are transferred you will lose the numbers, the account being transferred from needs to be still active.  Best to contact Public Mobile customer service (you have probably been trying the chatbot/ticket system which is currently broken).  Send a private message using this link

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

An agent will reply at the envelope icon top right or tap your avatar for messages.

BTW edit your phone numbers our of the post, this is a public web site that can be viewed by anyone on the internet.  The edit function is at the v in a circle in your post.

Need Help? Let's chat.