cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canceling transfer number (from Bell) request and restoring the old number from Public mobile

arzacarias
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

i was been told to go by a Telus agent regarding my mobile account. The agent can not restore my old mobile number because it was frozen. She said someone from here community forum can help me to restore back the number. 
Yesterday, I ordered to transfer my Bell line number to transfer to and replace my public mobile number. I succeeded the process but it will be completed by the Bell agent confirmation. A Bell agent reached by phone and had convinced me to stay with them for my 3 services (telephone, internet and tv). 
Therefore, I would like to get back my old number for my public mobile service.

Regards,

Angelito

12 REPLIES 12

@BKNS27 wrote:

@arzacarias 

Please click on Solved to close this request.

Welcome to PM.

Please note that clicking on 'accept as solution" does not close any ticket with the moderators nor does it close any porting request.  Making a solution only advises others of the steps that were taking to fix the problem.

@arzacarias 

Please click on Solved to close this request.

Welcome to PM.

arzacarias

The issue has been fixed by moderator with my private message communication.

Therefore, the issue is now closed/ solved.

@arzacarias 

When your issue is finally resolved please report back to us how the moderators helped resolve your issue so we can pass this info onto others who may have a similar issue in the future. 

Feel free to choose any post you feel helped you get your issue resolved.....its your choice alone.

@arzacarias wrote:

The old number is frozen. The Telus agent who reached me has no authorization to unfreeze. Outgoing call can be made with the transfered line number but incoming call is out of order. 
Anyway, I sent a pm message to moderator for this issue. 

tnx

Hi @arzacarias sorry to hear that you have porting issues.  Contacting the moderators as suggested by @Anonymous  above is the right thing to do.  If the moderators fix this issue for you, you should go to @Anonymous post and click Accepted Solution.

All of us in the forum are fellow customers who are here for the same reason - help fellow customers and earn $$ rewards (a pittance really but we just love to help) and badges for doing so.

Please keep us posted.

Fellow customer.

RosieR

@arzacarias 

It sounds like this can only be sorted out with the moderators and talking to bell. They may have stopped or refused your port request but by doing so it left your pm account/ phone number in limbo. Hopefully this won't take too long to resolve.

arzacarias

The old number is frozen. The Telus agent who reached me has no authorization to unfreeze. Outgoing call can be made with the transfered line number but incoming call is out of order. 
Anyway, I sent a pm message to moderator for this issue. 

tnx

Agree. I see Community as place for PM customers to help each other resolving issues based on their knowledge and experience.

Contacting MOD is last resource and it should be utilized Only when some changes have to be applied to account and are Not available though self-service.

Another button similar to 'chat' button could be implemented where customers can be redirected to mail system and send email to MOD directly. That will avoid countless messages 'click on chat, do this and that, or faster follow this link, etc., etc.'. Unless somebody expects to get extra $$$ posting as many messages as possible...

My Prof from University loved to say: Silence is Golden; good speech is only Silver.

@Anonymous 

Our purpose in helping customers in the community is to diagnose their issue and help them solve it without contacting the moderators. Every issue could be solved by "contacting the moderators" so why have the community at all if that is the answer and ultimately the solution? Why give out community rewards when we can just have giant chat bubble icon and/or a private message link on the landing page with "How to contact the moderators to solve your problem?"

16/20 of your last replies told the OP how to contact the moderators. Try and actually help solve the OP's issue first before defaulting to what is supposed to be our last resort of contacting the moderators. Sorry but I'm just bringing up what a lot of regulars are thinking......my big mouth and all....

@arzacarias wrote:

i was been told to go by a Telus agent regarding my mobile account. The agent can not restore my old mobile number because it was frozen. She said someone from here community forum can help me to restore back the number. 
Yesterday, I ordered to transfer my Bell line number to transfer to and replace my public mobile number. I succeeded the process but it will be completed by the Bell agent confirmation. A Bell agent reached by phone and had convinced me to stay with them for my 3 services (telephone, internet and tv). 
Therefore, I would like to get back my old number for my public mobile service.

Did you ever reply to the Bell Mobility text message to authorize the port out to Public Mobile?  If not, the phone number was never actually ported to Public Mobile, although it's true that the number at Public Mobile was repalced as soon as the request was made.

If the phone number porting to Public Mobile was finazlized and incoming phone callls were working, that means that to get the number back to Bell, you would need to port out back to them. If that's what needs to be done, your Public Mobile account would automatically get closed once that is done.  Unfortunatley, if that's the case, moderators cannot assist customers in continuing service and getting the old number back.

How to proceed depends on how far in the porting process you are.

Anonymous
Not applicable

if you have a account Activate with public mobile

you have to Submit a ticket to a moderator.

Here’s when and how to contact the Moderator Team:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • or you can send a private message to the @Moderator_Team by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• In your message put it, please include.
  • your account number,
  • your phone number,
  • your account PIN,
  • explanation to them nice Team and nice service 

• Good Luck

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@arzacarias 

Is your bell phone number successfully ported to and on your pm account? If yes porting that number back to bell will close your pm account. If no then your former pm number should still be on your pm account.

Need Help? Let's chat.