cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canceling current plan

Dice247
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I moved to telus as I got a new job and they offered massive discounts for employees of my company and I really wanted to setup my gear6 with a LTE shared plan but unfortuantly that functionality was not avilable with Public Mobile.

I ported my number to telus and now when I try to log-in to my Public account I cannot access it and it asks me to begin a subscription as if I was a new user.

Am I to assume my subscription has be automatically cancelled? I want to make sure Public is not going to charge my CC again next month.

Thanks in advance!

6 REPLIES 6

@Dice247 Billing period doesn't matter once you port out. At that point everything is cancelled immediately.

And you can be certain that if the port is complete and you can't access your PM account, it's closed.

Dice247
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I believe the SIM is still technically working? the billing period wsould not have technically ended until Nov 5th. I messaged a CS agent just to be sure. Yes the EPP deals are really good at Telus I got 100gb and US calling/texting for $60 a month.

It's public mobile @HALIMACS .... nothing is ever certain. LOL.  Have a great weekend bro! 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Dice247 

if you cannot access your self-serve account, you can be certain the card will not be charged.

to be 100% certain, put your Public Mobile SIM back in the device and call 611 to hear the messaging of the account status.

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Dice247 Telus EPP deals are awesome aren't they? So question, when your PM SIM card is in the phone, does it still work? If not and it says SOS, it means your account is now closed. Meaning the next pay cycle should not go through to your credit card. However, if it does, don't worry, just come back here, click on softech's link to a CS Agent and they'll be able to refund to your credit card. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Dice247 you wouldn't be able to login My Account as your PM account already closed after you ported.

For peace of mind, you can message support to confirm

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there
Need Help? Let's chat.