cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancel plan for a deceased person

Ev4
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My son died from a heart attack. How do I cancel his plan?

5 REPLIES 5
Moved:

fixin
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Ev4 - Do you have access to his account via 2FA from phone or email?

1. Go to myaccount.publicmobile.ca 

2.  Log In with his email (Forgot it? Press on the "Forgot Email") and password (You probably don't know his password so click "Forgot Password")

3. Then you it'll send a 2FA code to his email / phone number assigned to his phone or EverSafe ID. Don't have access to the email or phone number? Contact CS_Agent as @hairbag1 provided.

4. Then when logged in go to Payments > Manage Subscription > Turn off the switch. It'll cancel his account after 90 days of suspension.

If you want to port out hist number you will have to have his phone or a SIM card of public mobile associated with his account to reply yes.

Sorry for your loss of your son. Hope this helps.

dwh1
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Ev4 I'm sorry for your loss. Since Public Mobile is a prepaid provider, the simplest approach to dealing with this is just to cancel his credit card number (which I assume you're already going to have to do). That will cause his next plan renewal to fail and his plan will automatically be cancelled. If you're in that situation, there is no need to take any additional action at Public Mobile.

If you're sharing a credit card and can't simply cancel the card, you can log into his My Account (assuming you have credentials) to cancel his subscription - or as already mentioned, have support do it for you.

LTD2023
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

My condolences to you.😪

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Ev4 

use the chatbot on bottom right side of page to message Customer Support. Give them as much acct related info as you can.

added,...or use this link if that one doesn't work for you...

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.