cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancel or Port Out the service after a week?

jycmh
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just changed to PM a weeks ago but my condo cannot received lot of time. So I need to port out to other carrier because I could get the signal before start to use PM. I've prepaid the first month already. I want to know if I can get back the refund for the remaining balance I haven't used after I port out?
Thanks.

8 REPLIES 8

@jycmh  "So that means I need to pay the first month if I port out prior to the renewal day?"

Typically yes since PM is a prepaid service.  But try contacting customer service at the link @Sansan gave you, it's worth a try since the service did not work for you.  Adding that you'll want to port out two or three days before renewal to be safe. 

Moved:

another member already said the exact same thing nearly 4 hours ago

jycmh

So that means I need to pay the first month if I port out prior to the renewal day?

jycmh

I turn 5G off because the battery runs too fast in 5G signal. Some rooms are totally no signal but Fido is fine.

My account states that the next charge is on February 1, so it won't charge if I port out before January 31?

jycmh

I used Fido before, so I have to port out again to Rogers/Fido.

But I want to know if they won't charge me again after I port out because it's automatically credit card monthly charge.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@jycmh 

Unfortunately, since Public mobile is prepaid, there are no refunds if porting out earlier.  I doubt that a CSA will refund any money. 

Public mobile uses Telus/Bell towers. So, if you port to these companies, you may get similar experience. Wifi calling might be helpful for these situations, but Public mobile does not offer this service. 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@jycmh 

Are you using 5G in your condo? Did you try to see if 4G/LTE will give a better signal?

Since PM is a prepaid service, there are no refunds but worth contacting a CS_Agent but there is a slim chance.

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

Typically, no refunds are offered, especially if you are leaving.  you would lose out. I would suggest porting out 1 or 2 days prior to renewal so that you don't lose too much money already paid.  

But you can always confirm at the link below with an agent  

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.