cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancel number transfer

nz74
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, I submitted a number transfer request a few hours ago not realizing my old carrier (Rogers) had already closed my account.  I need to cancel the request and keep my existing public mobile number, how do i do this?

7 REPLIES 7

@nz74 if you like to keep your existing number, you need to ask support to cancel the port and reassign you the number

Please open ticket with PM support:

1. Open ticket via Chatbot (need access to My Account): At https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html
    Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", then "Other", then "Log In", finally click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗
2. If you have trouble with Chatbot or you don't have access to My Account: Private message CS Agent at: 
       https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437
**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after ticket submitted, CS Agent will reply to you there  

nz74

I would like to just keep my existing p.m number i had before trying to transport my rogers one..no chance of keeping that over choosing a new one?

@nz74

You have two choices now and you need to pick one

if you need to cancel the original port request, you need to go to your My Account, Profile page and pick a new phone number.  If you didn't do it anything, your PM sim will still using the number you want to port in for outgoing calls but not able to receive any incoming calls.  So, best to go ahead and pick a new number 

Or if you really want the old number to be ported in from Rogers, call them.  They can reactivate the line temporarily so your port can complete. Once you sorted out with Rogers, call PM porting team to re-trigger the port request 

nz74

Thank you ill wait it out longer and ser it juat sucks not being able to receive calls or texts until that happens.  I appreciate your response!

nz74

But i wont get that requrst from rogers since they already closed my account

Rastin
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

If the number no longer available then the port should just fail. I don't think you have to do anything.  But you could submit a ticket using chat bot.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

By not replying "YES" to the port authorization request. 

Need Help? Let's chat.